Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

AUX buzzing noise?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
AUX buzzing noise?

Does anyone else have a loud buzzing noise when they switch the radio to the AUX? I have the SSS package and the RF radio. I've owned the car for almost 2 years and I never really used it till recently. It kinda sounds like a skipping or a buzzing noise. It's very annoying and if you are charging your ipod at the same time you also hear some kind of a whiny static noise.

Happen to anyone else or any solutions?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only get that static interference when I'm charging and playing my Iphone through the AUX. I also get it if the RCA cable isn't plugged in all the way. I hate that I can't charge and play at the same time....
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, unplug your mp3 player from the charger and it goes away. It's due to a ground loop. To fix it, you have to ground the head unit and the lighter outlet to the same point, or at least to a point with the same potential.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Well it not just when its charging, its all the time really. If I unplug headphone cord put of the ipod it gets really loud, and when it is connected the buzzing is VERY quiet but you can still hear it if you listen carefully.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

thats probably just noise. try using an AUX cable with ferrite cores built in on the headphone jack side
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

yeah mine does it when charging at the same time, so annoying!!! cheaper cables will do it all the time though it seems, while better quality cables will do it only when charging
Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

This is VERY annoying, tempted to take it to Mitsu, its b/s.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I get it any time nothing is plugged into it.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

the only time i get it is if its really loud (nothing plugged in and volume is at 30 or more)... or it only does it when i have my blackberry hooked up to the headphone jack and using it as a bluetooth kinda of phone (only when the volume is in the 30s)...other than that i really dont hear anything
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:49 PM

I'm currently using Monster cables with my iphone, no whiney noises. But really sucks that you have turn up the volume past 25+ just to be able to hear the music over the engine. I always forget to turn down the volume or turn off the stereo cuz i just unplug and go. So when i start up the engine.. the radio is blaring in my face. haha Doh!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HD Vision
I'm currently using Monster cables with my iphone, no whiney noises. But really sucks that you have turn up the volume past 25+ just to be able to hear the music over the engine. I always forget to turn down the volume or turn off the stereo cuz i just unplug and go. So when i start up the engine.. the radio is blaring in my face. haha Doh!
with the monster cable you dont get the noise even when the iphone or ipod is hooked up to the ciggarette lighter for charging?
Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

I have the same issue with my AUX cable. I took it back to Mitsu and they re did the ground, and it was a bit better, but still heard the buzzing/whining noise. The noise gets louder/higher pitched as your engine revs go up. If you have your iPod or whatever mp3 device plugged in, I found it helps reduce the noise if you don't turn your device to full blast (just a couple levels shy of full blast) and just turn up the volume on stereo.

Originally Posted by HD Vision
I always forget to turn down the volume or turn off the stereo cuz i just unplug and go. So when i start up the engine.. the radio is blaring in my face. haha Doh!
Hah I'm the other way around, I turn my iPod up to almost full blast and forget about it. Then I go and listen to my iPod at work or at home and I almost go deaf
Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:44 PM

Havn't done the charge and play with these cables, so i couldn't tell ya. Don't drive the car long enough that it requires me to charge during driving. But yea i had dynex.. cheap/noisey and not worth it, then switched to stinger.. expensive and still made the whiney noise and not worth it and so far with these monster cables, its been good for me atleast.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Mine does this too. Any resolution to this yet/

What sort of monster cable may help with this?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

mine does it too on my RA, only on my sat radio i have the power supply plug into the power outlet in the canter consol not the cig lighter, and its plug ed into the aux input...

so just take it in and have them redo the ground?

Quick Reply: AUX buzzing noise?