Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Turbosmart BOV - kinda quiet?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbosmart BOV - kinda quiet?

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone out there have the Turbosmart dual-port BOV, and what you guys think about the loudness?

I was deciding on the HKS SSQV and Turbostmart DP.. in the end i chose Turbosmart cuz i heard clips on youtube and it DOES sound pretty loud, in the video....

i got mine and put it in, it's kinda disappointing. It DOES sound good, i like the swooshhh... BUT, i think its too quiet.. so what can i do to make it louder? I heard from people that adding an intake will definitely make it louder.. any thoughts on that? or any suggestions overall?

thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

nope what you got is what you paid for. I have the dual port too and all you get is the swooooosh sound unless u want Hks or blitz and have cel issues all day.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedI2acerX
nope what you got is what you paid for. I have the dual port too and all you get is the swooooosh sound unless u want Hks or blitz and have cel issues all day.
I'm happy with the sound like i said before, but just want to make it louder. I dont like the HKS high pitch squeak anyway, but it is loud. just wondering if theres anything i can do to make the swoosh louder??

intake? piping?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
APS BOV is the best on the market and no CEL.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

I am gonna have to say GFB makes the best BOV for our cars and any car with a MAF where it is like ours. You can adjust the sound, you can adjust the vta, 90/10, 70/30, whatever. I wrote a review on it with some short, kinda crappy sound clips. Brett from GFB is the man and sent me some new springs for free to try out. Plus, it is designed so that the vta port higher than the recirc port, so it vents whats left of the air either way. If you want it really loud, add on the trumpet that comes with it and it is loud loud. No CEL, no stalls, totally adjustable, no surge.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved my GFB stealth FX bov, like SOG RA said you can adjust it from 0-100 VTA in around 10% increments. Super adjustability and it drove like stock with added sound. The only reason I got rid of it was SCCA rules on replacing a DV.