Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ECU reset effect? Input Needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU reset effect? Input Needed

Hey guys quick question. I ordered my blue fp relay a week ago and its finally here I have been babying the car since I read the thread about the fp relay. I pulled the - battery cable before I started just to be safe even though I dont know that it was necessary but better safe than sorry. Anyway I went for a drive drove about 6 miles on city roads before I opened it up, and it just did not seem to have the power it usually does especially the boost torque around 3800 rpm we all love. The car had power but it seeped sluggish not as punchy as usual. I did have about 1/2 tank of gas. This is my first turbo car although I am not new to them. My question is how much does the ecu relearning fuel trims effect the performance. In an N/A car I have rarely ever felt a difference, is a turbo engine much different? Thanks guys.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It will take a while for the ECU to relearn everything but shouldn't take to long, depending on how often you drive it. I would just take it easy till it relearns everything and you should be ok. This is the 1st time this happens to anyone, just give it time.