Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

perrin stage 3 vs. buschur racing vs. AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
perrin stage 3 vs. buschur racing vs. AMS?

Which of all these are the best? i currently have perrin stage 3 but i always went with buschur racing and they are saying gains of around 100whp along with AMS at around 100whp. I didnt know which numbers were fudged and more realistic. Im just trying to figure out which ones are better because if buschur is better im willing to sell the perrin to buy theirs so if someone could throw a little insight out there it would be helpful thanks. I know perrins one of the few with everything dynoed at 346whp and mine dynoed at 353 with a few things so anyone know which ones better?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its all relatively the same, it just depends on how good your tune is and when you dyno it (example: temp., elevation, how much boost, etc).

Try not to limit it on "Stages". Basically it just tuning, 3 inch downpipe, test pipe or high flow cat, catback, intake, 2.5 inch intercooler piping and 3.5inch or 4inch thick intercooler. Then tune it correctly and go on from there.

All 3 mentioned companies are good and reputable. If you've already done all that with Perrin, why would you sell it just for another name? Its gonna work relatively the same.

Last edited by 4B11AWD; Nov 3, 2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea i was going to stay if they were all the same i just know buschur has always been good for me but if there mostly all the same ill just stick with perrin
Old Nov 1, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4B11AWD could not have said it any better.

All 3 listed have a good reputation in the Evo community, I don't think you could go wrong with either.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 4B11AWD
Its all relatively the same, it just depends on how good your tune is and when you dyno it (example: temp., elevation, how much boost, etc).

Try not to limit it on "Stages". Basically it just tuning, 3 inch downpipe, test pipe or high flow cat, catback, intake, 2.5 inch intercooler piping and 3.5inch or 4inch wide intercooler. Then tune it correctly and go on from there.

All 3 mentioned companies are good and reputable. If you've already done all that with Perrin, why would you sell it just for another name? Its gonna work relatively the same.
right on the buck!!!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:59 AM

Agreed!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:08 AM

If you dont mind blowing money go with ams i have alot of there products and the quility of work is fantastic just for needless to say they are good at what they do. Also in MD where i live a lot of people love bushur stuff great stuff they have been around since the stone age and know what they are doing for a little bit cheaper and yeah dont go by stages do it your own way and throw stuff together
Old Nov 7, 2010, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by KarmaSRT
If you dont mind blowing money go with ams i have alot of there products and the quility of work is fantastic just for needless to say they are good at what they do. Also in MD where i live a lot of people love bushur stuff great stuff they have been around since the stone age and know what they are doing for a little bit cheaper and yeah dont go by stages do it your own way and throw stuff together
buschur racing is very good and its proven HP ..... AMS looks maybe nicer but I probally would choose Buschur.. but both present high quality....