Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Black Friday Deals?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS is having an unofficial sale. Just PM them what you want and they will PM you back a sale price. I already got a bunch of stuff and am getting more. Prices are pretty decent as well.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 07:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jkapinos
AMS is having an unofficial sale. Just PM them what you want and they will PM you back a sale price. I already got a bunch of stuff and am getting more. Prices are pretty decent as well.
They passed their sale onto their dealers, as such AMS products will be included in our Black Friday offerings If you're not signed up for our mailing list as of yet now would be a great time to do so as there will be some very lucrative deals

Last edited by ChrisCarey; Nov 19, 2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by warmmilk
which exhaust and tires are you getting?
I'm still confused, but so far here's what I've decided... or not decided.

First plan was intake, tbe, winter tires.... my current plan (which is like plan number 50)

skip winter tires because I don't need them in Kansas City, and I read they ride like crap when it's dry, and wear greater than all seasons when not in the snow...the streets get cleared quick here and most of the time I'm not actually going to be on snow... Conti DWS. I'm going to throw them on my factory wheels and basically use them as my winter setup and buy new wheels in the spring.

After reading thousands of threads it seems like there's not a setup that's the best all the way around, every manufacture and setup is going to have it's good and bad..

I originally was planning a nessi (sp) one piece uicp, but have since decided to go with either ams or ets two piece.. I guess the additional joint is a good thing for engine flex.

I'm just going to go with a drop in filter, seems like the intake is not cost effective. I think I will put my money elsewhere for now.

I'm thinking either ETS catback or CPE with AMS test pipe. I was planning on a downpipe, but I'm reading they are a pita to install and only good for a few horse power.

Basically the downpipe and the intake would of cost me close to a grand and my interpretation of what I've read is I can take that grand and do something better with it.

I will likely spend the extra on tune and possibly E85 which means I will need a pump and injectors. I'm a little concerned about cold weather and black tar stuff showing up on the injectors in some areas.. and I'm in one of the areas.

Anyway, I'm still learning. I knew nothing about how to set these cars up a month ago, so it's taken me awhile to self educate...

Have you made any other decisions now that your oil valve issue is over?

Last edited by cbr1000; Nov 19, 2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

I will say that I went with ETS for my UICP among other things, and have been extremely satisfied with all aspects. The piping fits great, easiest and most straight forward install ever because it requires zero modification. Thus, why they don't include any installation instructions.

Furthermore, the IC I ordered was damaged in shipping, I got in contact, and they resolved the issue extremely fast with no ackward disputes at all.

for quality parts
for quality service.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by cbr1000

First plan was intake, tbe, winter tires.... my current plan (which is like plan number 50)

skip winter tires because I don't need them in Kansas City, and I read they ride like crap when it's dry, and wear greater than all seasons when not in the snow...the streets get cleared quick here and most of the time I'm not actually going to be on snow... Conti DWS. I'm going to throw them on my factory wheels and basically use them as my winter setup and buy new wheels in the spring.

After reading thousands of threads it seems like there's not a setup that's the best all the way around, every manufacture and setup is going to have it's good and bad..

I originally was planning a nessi (sp) one piece uicp, but have since decided to go with either ams or ets two piece.. I guess the additional joint is a good thing for engine flex.

I'm just going to go with a drop in filter, seems like the intake is not cost effective. I think I will put my money elsewhere for now.

I'm thinking either ETS catback or CPE with AMS test pipe. I was planning on a downpipe, but I'm reading they are a pita to install and only good for a few horse power.

Basically the downpipe and the intake would of cost me close to a grand and my interpretation of what I've read is I can take that grand and do something better with it.

I will likely spend the extra on tune and possibly E85 which means I will need a pump and injectors. I'm a little concerned about cold weather and black tar stuff showing up on the injectors in some areas.. and I'm in one of the areas.

Anyway, I'm still learning. I knew nothing about how to set these cars up a month ago, so it's taken me awhile to self educate...

If you need any help let me know!

Originally Posted by BoostedSlvrGSR
I will say that I went with ETS for my UICP among other things, and have been extremely satisfied with all aspects. The piping fits great, easiest and most straight forward install ever because it requires zero modification. Thus, why they don't include any installation instructions.

Furthermore, the IC I ordered was damaged in shipping, I got in contact, and they resolved the issue extremely fast with no ackward disputes at all.

for quality parts
for quality service.
Thanks for the review! We try our best!!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
They passed their sale onto their dealers, as such AMS products will be included in our Black Friday offerings If you're not signed up for our mailing list as of yet now would be a great time to do so as there will be some very lucrative deals

They hooked me up this morning with a sweet deal on an AMS FMIC... Thanks Chris! Give them a call!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turpdogg
They hooked me up this morning with a sweet deal on an AMS FMIC... Thanks Chris! Give them a call!
do they have a black one, and how much did yours cost?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

i got the same tires, tirerack is supposed to get them in on the 24th, but thats right before thanksgiving, so I prolly won't be getting them till the week after.

drop in is worth the money imho,
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...round-1-a.html

the works gains 12 whp, I got the cosworth cause its about half price and I'm sure it flows the same as the works

also, dont' get the ams test pipe with a non ams exhaust, its a little longer and will cause fitment issues. your best bet would bet to get the same brand cat back and test pipe
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jcdeng
^ Tirerack

Are they? I've been looking all around and have yet to find anything with Tirerack having a black friday sale.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:39 AM

Im hopin as well. Im close to finishing my car.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Check out our website right now... We started early Now until Black Friday.. Inventory is limited, so it's first come first serve! Once it's gone we will be putting it back to normal price.

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com

Prices are posted on the site, save over $130 on an intercooler kit!
I just ordered etsv2 cb/testpipe/uicp!!! thx for the black friday pricing
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:17 PM
Former Sponsor

we are having a big black friday sale on HID bulbs and JDM air fresheners if anyone needs these or needs a spare set you wont find a better deal anywhere else. these sale prices are active from today until the 29th

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...resheners.html
Old Nov 22, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KJ82
Are they? I've been looking all around and have yet to find anything with Tirerack having a black friday sale.
I was hoping they would match Sears no shipping charge on internet orders, but they won't answer the damn phone geezzz

I need a set of weathertech front liners if anybody see's a deal on these please post it up...

If you order ets stuff from MAP they are not charging shipping and matching ets prices on their site... good deal on heavy items.. exhaust for example.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Wheeldude having sales? If so I am buying rims.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

I was hoping they would match Sears no shipping charge on internet orders, but they won't answer the damn phone geezzz

I need a set of weathertech front liners if anybody see's a deal on these please post it up...

If you order ets stuff from MAP they are not charging shipping and matching ets prices on their site... good deal on heavy items.. exhaust for example.
I'm still looking around everywhere and have yet to find any Black Friday deals on tires... Hopefully I'll find something or(a vendor) can chime in and beat out tirerack's price(which currently the lowest) plus free shipping. My TE37SLs are awaiting for some rubber.

Quick Reply: Black Friday Deals?