Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Winter Car Washing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2010, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Antonovich
What do you guys do when the temp is below freezing? I washed my car last night and i tried to dry it off as quick as i could but had ice all over it.
I'm a few hundred miles south of you and went through this the other day.

Not as severe, only the parts in the shade were freezing.

Can't imagine how it is up there.

Ben
Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:36 AM

I took mine through a touchless last winter and the only thing I noticed was there seemed to be some moisture getting through on my drivers side taillight. Nothing my gf hairdryer couldnt cure but now I only go to the wash bays in the winter.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:05 AM

It is chilly outside in the northern climes, meaning that cleaning your vehicle is going to become a little more challenging if you are one of the unlucky frozen ones. Sure, the perfect is to always wash by hand in a warm, enclosed garage with a drain and indoor plumbing, but a lot of people cannot do that. Here are a few winters cleaning ideas for keeping your car clean during this winter of car discontent. You can read more info in this article here: Car Used Buy.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:40 AM

Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:02 AM

I'm scared of winter
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As was already mentioned, if you have to use a car wash, use a touch less. Regular car washes will leave micro marring and swirl marks all over your car from the brushes that touched the previous car and retained any dirt, grime, or salt.

If you go touch less, as was mentioned, spray it down good yourself first with a pressure washer. The only downside to a touch less car wash is that the chemicals used to remove dirt are so strong that they emulsify and degrade any protection you have on your car (i.e. sealants or waxes). I also do not recommend them if you have a clear bra that isn't of the newest kind, such as xpel ultimate.

I like to pressure wash the car only at a car wash, them drive home and finish hand washing with a warm bucket if soap water. Then bucket by bucket ill rinse off the car, take her inside the garage, and dry.