Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Track Day Fun with a Lamborghini Superleggera....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2010, 07:52 PM
ILE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up with the delayed Lambo point buy? Your track was a little crowded, looks nice a decent road course though. Nice vid just lower the camera next time, too much rear view mirror not enough track. Nice driving is that the intermediate group?, looks like you might need to move to the advanced group. After a few track days with the Evo that's really where you belong. This car leaves a large margin for error. Keep the rubber side down
Old Dec 10, 2010, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tbh looked like the lambo guy had traffic cooties. he didn't want to get too close to other cars. Too much traffic for him to get away from you, but also too much for him to be convinced you're faster and it wasn't just the traffic. it was probably the tailing that made him let you buy made him nervious

Last edited by blk-majik; Dec 10, 2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by blk-majik
tbh looked like the lambo guy had traffic cooties. he didn't want to get too close to other cars. Too much traffic for him to get away from you, but also too much for him to be convinced you're faster and it wasn't just the traffic. it was probably the tailing that made him let you buy made him nervious
So you're making an interesting point here and there is certainly a lot of truth to the fact that there was a lot of Traffic. I've found myself in exactly the situation you describe, wondering is the guy behind me faster or not? Is it the traffic?

With time on the track i've learned to operate under the assumption that if someone is in my mirror...he's faster than me and i let them by as soon as it's safe to do so. As you say; it makes one nervous to have one in your mirrors and it screws up your concentration, better to just let them pass...and if you're as fast...you'll keep up with them....besides....it's the right thing to do for everyone's benefit and enjoyment.

Cheers

PS - ILE; Thanks for the feedback on the camera, will try to lower it; the mount i have is a little challenging....Oh and actually this was green run group....working in blue now to solo...fingers crossed

Last edited by klaoud; Dec 11, 2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

I was gonna say, drivers edge usually has a few guys like this (lambo) in green, who're scared of their cars. Good for them though that they're actually using their supercars for the right purpose, even if they are no good :-)

If this was your first event, I'd do a one or two more then ask for a blue check. In blue, the traffic goes away greatly and the speed picks up a lot. Stay in blue a while... when I moved to yellow it was scary for me, I had been fastest in blue and was being passed by spec miatas. Then I figured out that I was using only about 60% of the car, and now I'm appropriately fast. Damn 911t are still faster, but I'm working on that :-)
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

the guy on the M6 cant drive for sure.. at least he should have gone away in the straigths.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Evo4Emperor
laguna seca.... buttonwillow
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:25 PM

Thanks for sharing, and good driving btw. I live in DFW and want to try that also.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by chkmgnt59
I was gonna say, drivers edge usually has a few guys like this (lambo) in green, who're scared of their cars. Good for them though that they're actually using their supercars for the right purpose, even if they are no good :-)

If this was your first event, I'd do a one or two more then ask for a blue check. In blue, the traffic goes away greatly and the speed picks up a lot. Stay in blue a while... when I moved to yellow it was scary for me, I had been fastest in blue and was being passed by spec miatas. Then I figured out that I was using only about 60% of the car, and now I'm appropriately fast. Damn 911t are still faster, but I'm working on that :-)

Agreed; kudos for running super cars on track, no question. my buddy recently ran his V8 Vantage at TWS....it was georgeous to see and hear that car out there.

Thanks for the feedback on the blue and yellow run groups. I've heard that several times now about the yellow run group. My objective is to solo in blue and I'm with you in staying in blue for a while.

Oh..speaking of 911's the new 4s is a handful also!!! Bloody fast.

Last edited by klaoud; Dec 12, 2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by NeoTrunks
Thanks for sharing, and good driving btw. I live in DFW and want to try that also.
Hey thanks!! Yeah check it out there's a really neat track in Cresson, tx near you (motor sport ranch). I think driver's edge is running an event there in march. I haven't been up there yet but planning on doing it this year.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:01 PM

Buddy of mine just posted some video from another event at TWS running CW. Was hitting about 130mph before having to get on the brakes for larry, curly and moe (quick succession of turns after the front straight). I like the black silhouette of my evo passing by a Silver E46 M3 (Some great passing signals given in this run group; didn't loose any momentum on that one, everyone played nice )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUzvY...e_gdata_player

Last edited by klaoud; Dec 25, 2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

I'm still fairly new to the whole racing cars stuff, but you seemed pretty composed out there, and it definitely takes a lot of patience to deal with a guy like that

and the waves back, I like that
Old Dec 25, 2010, 06:59 PM

Love the video!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 01:27 AM

amazing!..loved watching every bit of it..
i live in dfw..that would be a fun thing to try out...
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:12 AM

this was awesome. Wish I wasn't leaving tx next month so I could make some runs there. Oh well. Keep up the good work.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 09:42 AM

Yeah, Definitely give it a go; you learn a lot about your car and yourself. Having an instructor onboard is key, otherwise you just continue building on bad habits (...and we all have them ). All this while having a blast! I'm sure there are other driving clubs like this outside of Texas; I think PCA (Porsche Club of America; http://www.pca.org/) offer nation wide track day education events with instructors at a reasonable price which is open to all types of cars. Check it out.

Cheers

Last edited by klaoud; Dec 27, 2010 at 09:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Track Day Fun with a Lamborghini Superleggera....