Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Distance Between Pedals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There been times where I slamed the brake on the way to work with boots on....I have a gsr..
Old Jan 15, 2011, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Here is their site:

http://www.srpracing.com/pd_lancer_evo_08.cfm

There is an earlier thread about these HERE in regards to friction surface

Browsing through it it looks like they offer in different styles. There are threads around with people showing their foot positioning and it looks like it can infact help with perfect rev-matches.
There are a lot of styles. I may be interested in getting the Grid Pyramid as it provides the most friction.

Last edited by tehSteve; Jan 15, 2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use to wear big clown shoes at the track. You know then ones, they flap when you walk. Huge things, that were great for heel and toe. You couldn't help it. But all the other guys teased me, and the red rubber nose started to chafe under my helmet (it all came as a set), and the big white frowny face would smear when I would sweat.

So I bought a set of racing pedals like the ones shown above and just scooted them a smidge closer together when installing. That and a pair of racing shoes and voila, no more teasing, I can still heel and toe and I save money on therapy! FTW (because clowns are scary).
Old Jan 16, 2011, 03:53 PM

I just move my right knee inward and my heel goes right on the gas its pretty simple, it took me all of 30 sec to figure it out. Honestly its harder to do heel/toe in a Lotus Exige (drove my friends).

*edit* I don't have to wear clown shoes. I only wear dunks/sb/barefoot in summer.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by racingguy13
And don't feel bad about having tiny feet, I'd hate to see a girl with as big as feet as me Not very attractive
dude Peggy Hill is a BABE!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

I have a size 13 shoe and i have a problem heeling and toeing the pedal heaight really bothers me. I try turning my knee in but it never works.
Rev matching is a piece of cake.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Move
I have a size 13 shoe and i have a problem heeling and toeing the pedal heaight really bothers me. I try turning my knee in but it never works.
Same shoe size. No issues for me.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe i need practice. I try and my toe is all the way up past the top of the brake pedal and i always slam the brake to hard cus im trying to push the gas down too.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

My guess is you are actually trying to "heel-toe". You don't have to actually heel one pedal and toe the other. Another method which is still considered heel-toe is using the left side of your foot for the brake and the right side for the gas. You push the brake as much as you need, adjust as necessary, and roll the right part of your foot onto the gas to blip the throttle. It takes getting used to but if you practice it every time you drive, you'll have it down in no time. Like I said, I drive multiple cars a day, and I do it with every one of them, including every time I drive my car. Makes it second nature so when you actually need it, you don't have to think about it.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Move
Try using the side of your foot and not actually your heel. I had a friend who used to do the same thing I told him that and it made a huge difference for him.... now left foot braking forget he can't do it.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the tips ill deff give it a shot.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:21 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by racingguy13
Another method which is still considered heel-toe is using the left side of your foot for the brake and the right side for the gas. You push the brake as much as you need, adjust as necessary, and roll the right part of your foot onto the gas to blip the throttle. It takes getting used to but if you practice it every time you drive, you'll have it down in no time.
FWIW, this is the method that I use, as well.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:33 PM

i was under the impression this was the standard method lol how else do people do this im not very good at it at all rev matching is easy for me.. stock pedals look pretty distanced tho

Originally Posted by FJF
FWIW, this is the method that I use, as well.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by libz
i was under the impression this was the standard method lol how else do people do this im not very good at it at all rev matching is easy for me.. stock pedals look pretty distanced tho
I use the side-of-the-foot method too, but I've seen videos where the guy actually rotates his foot counter-clockwise so his entire heel is on the throttle. I suppose that if you're flexible enough, then that's the ideal way to heel-toe because it seems that you'd have more control over both brake and throttle given that you can probably press the throttle down farther than if you were just using the side of your foot.