Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

so its nearing tax return time again....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so its nearing tax return time again....

its that time of year again were we get back our tax return to blow some money on the car. after all my bills are paid i am going to have about 500-1000$ left over. was thinking of some options of what i could do with that price range. i already have TBE, intake and tuned. i really want FMIC with new IC pipes but i dont think ill have enough money for that and get a retune with it also, so i think thats out the picture. i was thinking maybe a short shifter or something along those lines. just looking for some ideas from the forums here!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Short-shifter + shifter bushings + shift knob + good tranny fluid would be a great idea.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...led-evo-x.html
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:35 PM

Last edited by pcload1etter; Jun 9, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Yea tax returns im gonna owe like 2k from unemployment this year GREEEEEEAAAAAAT.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Gonna buy a DD with tax return money this year... in hopes of preparing for the $5 a gallon gas price that forecasters are predicting by 2012 =/

miata here i come!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 02:13 PM

If you're being refunded (or having to pay) more than half a regular paycheck (40 hours) - you're doing it wrong.

All things being equal, it's better to owe than get a refund. If you're having trouble saving and (for the love of Pete!) using the tax "refund" as a way to set money aside - seek help from a financial advisor.

Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes. Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any public duty to pay more than the law demands. - Judge Learned Hand (US District Court)
Old Jan 20, 2011, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

New tires? Any exterior parts? Are you do for servicing the car at all? It might be smart to put that money towards what your car needs rather than what you want. just my 2 cents though.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BAMFevo
New tires? Any exterior parts? Are you do for servicing the car at all? It might be smart to put that money towards what your car needs rather than what you want. just my 2 cents though.
yes i do all the servicing myself and normally before it is required. and my tired are pretty much brand new. i love my car and wont let the lil stuff go to **** lol
Old Jan 20, 2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by vleigh6
If you're being refunded (or having to pay) more than half a regular paycheck (40 hours) - you're doing it wrong.
There's no right or wrong here. Admittedly getting a refund means you overpaid taxes and that's money you could have invested, but hey, some people just like the thought of getting money from the gov't. I know I do. I'll be using this year's refund to get some wheels
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
been debating either a turbo/injectors/tune or new 29er MTB
Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

don't know ifI am getting anything yet, money might just go to the bank account for now, to be spent on somthing later. some stuff for the exterior I guess, unless there is some stuff that may be needed for the house lol.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostedmiata
been debating either a turbo/injectors/tune or new 29er MTB
Go for the 29er! Riding one after I just finished building my MTB, I wanted to sell it and get a 29er... I hear the new full carbon Niners ride like a dream.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:10 PM

If I have any money leftover after paying off my Student Loans, I'll be buying a HFC and CBE
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

if it do get money back from the government its going towards to paying off the car! nuff said.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

I already got my tax return :-)

TRE diff and E85

if you have e85 in your area you should look into going that route.

Quick Reply: so its nearing tax return time again....