Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Building First Track Evo X in China, Help needed!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2011 | 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by SSPKris
A sequential transmission will not work with the SST platform. You cannot put a sequential transmission in the place of the SST. You will need to start with a GSR platform.

You cannot just get around the electronics in the SST to put in a dogbox. The TCU in the transmission talks to the ECU. Without changing all the electronics in the car, the car will never start without the SST transmission in it.

You can successfully build the SST transmission to handle 600+whp around any track. There is no transmission on the market that can shift as fast as the SST transmission. You can change gears in a millisecond and never fall out of boost.

You will see many SST's being built this year. You will see that they can run with the GSR with no issues. Horsepower to horsepower, the GSR cannot shift as fast as the SST.

SSP Performance
Okay...If I see one SST evo x in professional racing, I will forget about holinger and the tranny swap. I would like to get all the upgrades, too.