Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Mitsu Wind Deflector Installation?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X Mitsu Wind Deflector Installation?

Hi, i have just bought a genuine set of mitsi wind visors for all 4 windows of my Evo x with the brackets and pins etc...its so frustrating how to fit them, i just cant see how to do it...has anyone got a step by step guide with pics for reference or know an easy way to fit them? Many thanks, Sophia
Old Feb 2, 2011, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

I got dealership to do mine best 23$ I ever spent done in half hr. Hard to line em up perfectly I suggest they do this simple job
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

I did it by my self. Yes is kind of funny, but not impossible,
Install the pins and brackets first before peal the 3M sticker, install couple of times before peal the sticker, studding the best place to be place. Make some marks if you need to remember the corners for the final installation.
Remember when you peal the sticker and install it will be really hard to take it out, in other words you have only one shot when you install it.
For the final installation, peal the sticker material, face the vent visor to you, and grab both brackets in your hands, remember, the brackets will grab in your window between the outside metal body and the weather rubber protector. Insert the brackets first, follow the marks you did before in order to seat the vent in the right place.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Best way to do it is with another person to help you. I did mine with a friends help in like 10 mins. Just be really careful with the tape because as mentioned its a one shot deal!~
Old Feb 4, 2011, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
Too bad I'm not over in the UK anymore I'd help you out, its pretty simple but tedious. I put wind deflectors on my VIII while I was there, my X came with them but they were pretty scratched up so I'll probably replace them. You might want to check the how to sections and if its similiar to the Evo VIII, there may still be a how to in Evo VIII and IX section.....