Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2010 EVO X SE Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 EVO X SE Questions?

I've just got a couple questions about this car. I'm planning to pick one up within the next couple of weeks as soon as I get my car sold. Link to the thread 2006 EVO IX MR 17k OBO, Excellent condition.

My question is, I've got a Mil.Spec HFC on my car now. Are the EVO IX and X cats interchangeable? Also, are the brake lines interchangeable?

Also, with full TBE, upper IC, and a tune, what kind of whp could I be looking at? I'm talking Dynojet numbers.

Thanks for the help
Old Feb 2, 2011, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll probably need a Evo X specific HFC. The Evo X has a slight bend in the HFC/TP.

On a dynojet...maybe 300whp?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I would think 330 whp on a Dynojet would be obtainable with a good tune and proper boost. Get at least a drop-in air filter and turbo inlet pipe too. Look into a 3-port BCS rather than using the stock solenoids.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you could probably run the same 1/4 mile times as in your sig with the mods you mentioned.

as far as interchangeability i think you'd have better luck with the brake lines. maybe asking a vendor or doing research on part numbers could help you. there are lots of little and big parts that are used on all evo generations.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for the help guys. the 1/4 mile time in my sig was done bone stock in my IX MR.

to kracka, I have a grimspeed 3 port on my IX. I'll probably take that off and use it on the X. what more would I need to hit the 360whp range on a dynojet? I do not want an open filter intake, or aftermarket BOV. as for the boost, I was thinking of tuning it at around 23psi. what i'm really looking to do is be at about 400hp at the crank.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I would get a dropin filter and a turbo inlet along with the other parts mentioned. The HFC won't work without some modifying, but the brake lines might.. I'm not sure. We use the same front pads and the rear pads are pretty damn close.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

I also have the Grimspeed, nice solenoid for sure. What type of air filter are you planning on running? I ran a AFE Dryflow drop-in before installing my intake and that seemed to free up a bit of power/response vs. the stock paper; for maximum flow though you'd want to get their blue oiled version. Adding the Perrin turbo inlet pipe did the same. I really don't think the stock airbox will hold you back too badly. If it does, you can always try the AEM intake w/airbox.

23psig seems a bit low to be honest, I say bring it up to 25ish and see how it responds. I'd say 26/27 if you were going to get a larger intercooler.

Who will be doing your tuning? I think the car w/ the parts you mentioned and I suggested will have 360 whp potential, but it will definitely come down to the tuning of the car. The HFC is also going to hold you back 5-10whp I bet, any chance you'd be interested in running a testpipe instead? If you insist on running a HFC though nice choice on the Mil.Spec 100-cell.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
I also have the Grimspeed, nice solenoid for sure. What type of air filter are you planning on running? I ran a AFE Dryflow drop-in before installing my intake and that seemed to free up a bit of power/response vs. the stock paper; for maximum flow though you'd want to get their blue oiled version. Adding the Perrin turbo inlet pipe did the same. I really don't think the stock airbox will hold you back too badly. If it does, you can always try the AEM intake w/airbox.

23psig seems a bit low to be honest, I say bring it up to 25ish and see how it responds. I'd say 26/27 if you were going to get a larger intercooler.

Who will be doing your tuning? I think the car w/ the parts you mentioned and I suggested will have 360 whp potential, but it will definitely come down to the tuning of the car. The HFC is also going to hold you back 5-10whp I bet, any chance you'd be interested in running a testpipe instead? If you insist on running a HFC though nice choice on the Mil.Spec 100-cell.

I have to stay with an HFC. I have the Mil.Spec 100 cell bolt up on my EVO IX MR right now, that's why I was asking. KevinD in dallas will do the tune. I didn't know EVO X's could run that type of boost safely. If 24-25 is safe on 93, I'll look into it. I just don't want any extra noise under the hood. a louder exhaust is fine, but I don't want to hear my intake or my blow off valve. I was planning on just staying with the stock filter, or maybe an amsoil filter. i just want something I can throw away when it gets dirty. the other things you guys mentioned sound like good advice though.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ODUB
thanks for the help guys. the 1/4 mile time in my sig was done bone stock in my IX MR.

to kracka, I have a grimspeed 3 port on my IX. I'll probably take that off and use it on the X. what more would I need to hit the 360whp range on a dynojet? I do not want an open filter intake, or aftermarket BOV. as for the boost, I was thinking of tuning it at around 23psi. what i'm really looking to do is be at about 400hp at the crank.
a guy local to me runs pretty basic mods like myself (intake filter/exhaust/uicp) and he's always shooting for 12.5. i don't know his traps times. and i believe he makes around 340-350whp on dynojet. that's on pump gas too.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dek0026
a guy local to me runs pretty basic mods like myself (intake filter/exhaust/uicp) and he's always shooting for 12.5. i don't know his traps times. and i believe he makes around 340-350whp on dynojet. that's on pump gas too.
I'm not too interested in 1/4 mile times. I just went to the track with my IX MR to prove to people that it was a 12 second car in stock form, and that I could drive it well enough to get it there. I'm an autocrosser/road racer, but my EVO IX MR is sitting at 370whp, and I don't want to go from that to being painfully slow in comparisson lol
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

I was planning on just staying with the stock filter, or maybe an amsoil filter. i just want something I can throw away when it gets dirty. the other things you guys mentioned sound like good advice though.
Amsoil doesn't make a drop-in filter for the X unfortunately. The AFE Dryflow is very similar though, it's also a synthetic dry media. To clean it you just shake it and use a Shop-Vac to get it back to 98% of new then soapy water for 100% AFE claims.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, I didn't ask, what o2/downpipe and catback are you looking at getting? You probably already know this but Mil.Spec does make a drop-in HFC for the X.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
Oh, I didn't ask, what o2/downpipe and catback are you looking at getting? You probably already know this but Mil.Spec does make a drop-in HFC for the X.
I have no idea. probably AMS or the cheapest equivalent. I've already contacted Mil.spec about their HFC for the X lol
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

now I just need help selling my EVO IX MR lol

I am paying $100 to anyone who refer's the eventual buyer to me. i'm paying for salesmen. somebody help me get this sold. $150 if i can get it sold by next week.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

I have no idea. probably AMS or the cheapest equivalent.
I got MAP's and definitely can't complain considering the price. Fit perfectly and made nice gains on the dyno.

Quick Reply: 2010 EVO X SE Questions?