Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Crashed my evo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011 | 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Crashed my evo

I was coming home from work. I had a green light and right of way. Lady in pick up truck coming opposite way was supposed to yield while making a left. She didnt.
Jumped out in front of me and decided to stop in the middle of the intersection. I stand on my breaks and slide into her. You should have heard me swear.

Now my car is in the bodyshop (front right fender/bumber/HID lights/ hood are effed.) Got her 5 months ago, about 5405 on the odometer.

Been Evo'less since valentines day. Body shop called today saying they cant repair my car because there is a national back order for my fender. Wait time? Indefinite. FML!

I know this thread is worthless without pics. I would post pics, i just dont know how.

By the way, in all honesty that street had a speed limit of 40. I was going 35 in boost when she popped out. Those Brembos are magic. I must have bled off like 20mph in what seemed like a distance of 10 feet. Impact was at about 15mph, but it was all in slow motion so who the hell knows.

I swear to God, i just needed like 3 more feet to stop and i would have avoided this headache. She asked me "will my insurance go up?" I said, "lady, i hope my insurance rapes your insurance."

Addition:
Just added pics. They are from my cellphone so im sorry about the quality. When the cars crashed, i yelled at her "Dont move your car". She replied with "I have to get out of the street" So by backing away...she ended up ripping out my HIDs and effing up my fender. If that c*nt waited like 2 minutes i could have backed out after taking pics of the accident without losing my damn lights.

Last edited by nefarious_Saint; Feb 24, 2011 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Added link to pics
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

Sucks Bro sorry to hear. Hope you get her back soon.
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 02:21 AM
Evolved Member

Dang that sucks man. Have you thought about getting carbon fiber fenders? I could just paint them too if you didn't like the look.. just a thought.
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

that sucks dude. i wouldn't wish a wrecked car upon my worst enemy...

look into getting after market if the fender is back ordered, and just paint it. At least that way you get your baby back.
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oftheheavens
i wouldn't wish a wrecked car upon my worst enemy...
i would
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

I am in a similar situation with my 9 - which was mint. My car is being taken to the second body shop today (Huntington Beach Mitsubishi) because the car is "too rare" and the technicians did not feel comfortable fixing it. ???
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 07:12 AM

Man, So sorry to hear buddy, I know how you feel. Wrecked mine back in November....
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 08:21 AM

i'm sorry to hear about your car....hope you get it fixed soon.
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Crashed mine January 8 and getting it back next week. Almost 2 months. Hang in there man.
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nefarious_saint
she asked me "will my insurance go up?" i said, "lady, i hope my insurance rapes your insurance."
haha
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Damn that sucks about the backorder. Sorry to hear that.

Are Evo X's getting into so many accidents that the fenders ran out?!?
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

sucks to hear....

but on another note to upload pics create an account at photobucket.com Upload pics there once uploaded photobucket gives you a link you can post on the thread that links to the picture.
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 08:56 AM

sucks, just got my car back from a theft recovery. 2 months.
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

That sucks brother, hope it works for you.
Old Feb 24, 2011 | 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by nefarious_Saint
Now my car is in the bodyshop (front right fender/bumber/HID lights/ hood are effed.) "
I crashed mine end of october resulting in similar parts needed,except for the hood. And it was my stupidity that resulted in an accident and therefore having to wait on parts was part of the punishment i guess.
But from what i assume your situation wasn't your fault and that sucks.
It'll turn out well though. Patience is a virtue, dont make any hasty decisions.

Quick Reply: Crashed my evo