Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Just bought a WW 2010 EVO X SE!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations on your SE. just got my 2011 OB MR today, this is my first time to get an sst evo XD
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lswing
Wouldn't you want to break the car in for at least 1k before any mods? Or at least 500 miles before getting on the turbo hard? Unless you meant 5,000?
I'll continue to break it in on the new parts. Actually I'll probably start from scratch breaking it in WITH the new parts (Turbo and Cams).
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by johnh_21
Hey guys I am new to the evo world! I just recently bought a Wicked White EVO SE! I came from a 2009 STI and before that I had a 2006 WRX. I love cars and I think Subaru and Mitsu make some excellent cars but the handling on this thing is like no other! Mad thanks to Mike at Don Herring in Irving.

So the car has 40 miles on it now, any recommendations what to do first would be greatly appreciated. Obviously after the break in period.

I will try and get some pics up soon!
Congrats on the purchase!! I drove up to Dallas last weekend and picked up the black SE that was at Don Herring in Irving. Already broke her in too with a trip from San Anton to Little Rock and back. I absolutely love the TC-SST!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Congratulations on your purchase! Of course having no clutch is different but I think you will love the TC-SST once you've experienced all of its features.

Allow me to expand on your earlier question of the automatic downshifting. If you have the car in Normal mode, in Drive (i.e. not using the paddle shifters or shifter to select gears) the car will downshift on its own. One thing you will notice is that the SST recognizes braking and decreased speeds, so it's not your normal slushbox and will put itself in the most appropriate gear based on vehicle and engine speed.

If you are using the paddle shifters the TC-SST gives you FULL control of the gear selection but as a preventative measure the transmission will recognize inappropriate gear selection to prevent damage. For example, you are in 4th gear and come to an immediate dead stop without downshifting on your own, the TC-SST will do so for you. When coming to stop signs in manual mode I never downshift 2 to 1 and I let the transmission decide. Sometimes it will drop to 1, others it will remain in 2 if you're rolling slightly.

If you switch into Sport mode, you will notice a change in the rev limits, shifting speed and activity when decreasing speed (get on the brakes and it will drop gears immediately to give you more power upon subsequent engagement of the throttle). One suggestion, do not use Sport mode on the highway; while it's great for lane changing and passing, it will want to stay in high RPMs in 4th or 5th, and may not even go to 6th until you break 80mph, which we all know is well above most posted speed limits....

I have yet to use S-Sport mode as the weather and local roads have not been in my favor.

Again, enjoy the car and don't forget to register in the thread below! You'll get your # in a few weeks:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-registry.html

Last edited by TheRedBaron; Feb 25, 2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the purchase! SST buddy club
Old Feb 25, 2011, 09:50 PM

Thanks for the info guys! As soon as I get my letter I will post my number in the registry thread.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 09:58 PM

Sorry for the bad pic.

Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so I guess this is the Don Herring SE customer thread haha

I picked my WW SE up from them two days ago
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:20 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
You're gonna love the SST... great transmission
Old Feb 26, 2011, 08:28 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn you johnh_21! I seriously went and looked at that Evo earlier this week! Lucky mother ****er

Enjoy your Evo man, it's such a nice ride! We will have to meet up so I can see it again!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 06:46 AM

congrats
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
great choice of color

congrats
Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:52 AM

Thanks guys. I'm sure I will enjoy this bad boy! I think white is the best color for cars imho! If I had a choice on the STI it would have been white too not WRB.

Anyone know a good place for a clear bra in the DFW area preferably Dallas? I knew some peeps in Chicago but now I am here.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

I drove my evo 9 for 3,000 miles before i modded it, been adding parts ever since. My advice to a new evo owner is do A TON of reserch before you go modding your evo. In my opinion the evo is the best with an intake TBE and good tune for street purposes.

Quick Reply: Just bought a WW 2010 EVO X SE!