Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Radar detector placement

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sufu
I have mine to the left of the mirror

Above the mirror to the left, hidden and out of sight from any thefts. V1 for life!

-Brian
Old Mar 5, 2011, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V1 install

My V1 is installed on left side. V1 uses phone wire which I snaked behind door gasket, below dash, and out the small hole above ashtray.

Attached Thumbnails Radar detector placement-imgp1118.jpg  

Last edited by FALCO; Mar 5, 2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

I've got mine to the right of my rear-view mirror and then I've got my concealed display between my steering wheel and my dash. Works well so when it goes off I just look down at my steering wheel. (If that description makes any sense??)
Old Mar 5, 2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by FALCO

maybe its just me but i can't see the picture

thanks for the posts, after reading the replies, I think I will try to put it behind and to the left of the rear view mirror, and run the hardwire line along the top and left of the windshield and do that then.

@alex
nah, i don't think its paranoia. After getting a ticket in my mustang I vowed, never again. So since I got my radar detectors, I haven't gotten a single one *knock on wood*
Old Mar 5, 2011, 04:57 PM

i have my coordless in the bottom center of my windshield each to reach and mute
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Do you guys actually find detectors useful? I have a V1 and the only time it actually alerted me to a cop's radar was when I was right on top of him (not literally). I find the 1000 yard break light stare more effective.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hibby
V1 + BlendMount is working well for me, and it seems they have one for your 9500 too.

http://www.blendmount.com/beltronics.html
just bought it. cant wait to try it out.

i have the worst luck with those damn suction cups. never wants to stay up for more then a week at a time. hope that blendmount works
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

i find the best way to avoid tickets is not to speed....maybe its just me. I love my cruise control
Old Mar 6, 2011, 02:30 AM
Nzo
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoForumUser12
Do you guys actually find detectors useful? I have a V1 and the only time it actually alerted me to a cop's radar was when I was right on top of him (not literally). I find the 1000 yard break light stare more effective.
My V1 has saved me, conservatively, $1000. Pays for itself the first time. Not sure what kind of conditions/areas you drive in but works great for me.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 03:11 AM

falco how did you get the wire behind the dash? did you run it under the steering wheel in the drivers footwell?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

what about the jammer signal!!?

i found this on AMS site, wonder if is worth it!!!

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/b...me-jammer.html

The Blinder M27 X-Treme laser jammer includes 2 of Blinder's top-rated laser blocking transceivers, enough to completely protect the front of a vehicle. If you are looking for a solution that protects both the front and the rear of your vehicle, check out the Blinder M47 laser jammer.

The New Blinder M27 X- Treme has the following new features:

•Improved laser jamming efficiency
•More powerful platform
•Improved laser/laser detection
•PC software updateable (via USB port on control module)
•Multi-function/IR transponders (can be configured as a parking sensor/garage door opener)
The new intelligent BLINDER X-treme is currently taking the laser jammer world by storm as a potent new Laser Jammer. The BLINDER X-treme is getting the same reflection every time it's presented, which is ‘Wow, I must have one’ In fact everyone who test the new intelligent laser jammer is impressed. You can’t shoot it down with any laser gun at all. With the BLINDER X-treme you now can avoid all the police laser guns and automatic photo laser traps!

The Blinder M27 X-Treme laser jammer includes 2 of Blinder's top-rated laser blocking transceivers, enough to completely protect the front of a vehicle. If you are looking for a solution that protects both the front and the rear of your vehicle, check out the Blinder M47 laser jammer.

Blinder laser jammers are high performance products that have been found to outperform other laser jammers on the market today. Blinder is so confident in their jammers, that they even offer a speeding ticket guarantee! If you get a speeding ticket and the police officer was using laser, Blinder will pay your ticket (restrictions apply).

The Blinder M-27 XTreme jammer boasts quite a few important features. It only responds to true police laser guns -- it will never provide false alerts. It is software upgradeable, so if newer technology appears you're not left out in the cold. The lenses detach and are inexpensive to replace if they are damaged from road debris. The M25 utilizes epoxy filled components, which minimizes corrosion and moisture damage, and it is backed by a two year warranty. What more do you need?

This model offer several improvements over the previous series. It provides a new laser detector, which provides even better laser detection ability. New custom jamming LED's provide optimal jamming output from the transponders. A new interface supplies the transponders with even more voltage, and updated software detects and jams all of the latest laser guns.

Blinder laser jammers actively block police laser, preventing the gun from displaying a speed. Blinder products are proven to deliver excellent performance and superb durability. Their products are unmatched in the industry in terms of performance and durability. Unlike other laser jammer manufacturers, you can count on Blinder being available if you ever need assistance with your product.

Note: The Blinder M27 requires installation. If you are not experienced installing this type of equipment, we recommend you take it to a professional installer.

Blinder M27 X-Treme Laser Jammer Specifications:

•Two transceivers with integrated laser detector and jammer
•All electronics are weatherproof, concealed by epoxy
•Smart new snap-lock for easy replacement of lenses
•Single cable connector for easy plug-in to cabin interface
•Transmitter type: 2 x 8 infra red special manufactured jamming diodes
•Detector type: 2 x 3 IR special manufactured photo diode with amplifier
•Microprocessor with patented stealth jamming technology
•Operating wavelength: 904 nanometers
•Physical dimensions: 104 x 51 x 18 mm
•Power Requirements: 12.2 volts
Blinder M27 X-Treme Cabin Interface

The cabin interface of the Blinder X-Treme series of laser jammers is the control center of the Blinder jammer. All components plug-in to this interface, and the interface can be mounted anywhere inside the cabin of your vehicle.

•Available ports for connection of up to 4 laser transceivers
•Output to car stereo telephone mute
•Output to on/off switch
•Output to LED light indicator. Green indicates power on, flashing red indicates laser alert
•Output to audio laser alert
•Audible alert level: 95 dB
Old Mar 6, 2011, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by socalrallired09
falco how did you get the wire behind the dash? did you run it under the steering wheel in the drivers footwell?
Yes, under the steerng column.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 07:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by javicracer

•More powerful platform
•Multi-function/IR transponders (can be configured as a parking sensor/garage door opener)
The new intelligent BLINDER X-treme is currently taking the laser jammer world by storm as a potent new Laser Jammer. The BLINDER X-treme is getting the same reflection every time it's presented, which is ‘Wow, I must have one’ In fact everyone who test the new intelligent laser jammer is impressed. You can’t shoot it down with any laser gun at all. With the BLINDER X-treme you now can avoid all the police laser guns and automatic photo laser traps!

Blinder laser jammers are high performance products that have been found to outperform other laser jammers on the market today. Blinder is so confident in their jammers, that they even offer a speeding ticket guarantee! If you get a speeding ticket and the police officer was using laser, Blinder will pay your ticket (restrictions apply).

The Blinder M-27 XTreme jammer boasts quite a few important features. It only responds to true police laser guns -- it will never provide false alerts. It is software upgradeable, so if newer technology appears you're not left out in the cold. The lenses detach and are inexpensive to replace if they are damaged from road debris. The M25 utilizes epoxy filled components, which minimizes corrosion and moisture damage, and it is backed by a two year warranty. What more do you need?

This model offer several improvements over the previous series. It provides a new laser detector, which provides even better laser detection ability. New custom jamming LED's provide optimal jamming output from the transponders. A new interface supplies the transponders with even more voltage, and updated software detects and jams all of the latest laser guns.

Blinder laser jammers actively block police laser, preventing the gun from displaying a speed. Blinder products are proven to deliver excellent performance and superb durability. Their products are unmatched in the industry in terms of performance and durability. Unlike other laser jammer manufacturers, you can count on Blinder being available if you ever need assistance with your product.

Note: The Blinder M27 requires installation. If you are not experienced installing this type of equipment, we recommend you take it to a professional installer.

The cabin interface of the Blinder X-Treme series of laser jammers is the control center of the Blinder jammer. All components plug-in to this interface, and the interface can be mounted anywhere inside the cabin of your vehicle.

•Output to on/off switch
•Output to LED light indicator. Green indicates power on, flashing red indicates laser alert

I have heard these work well, and there are a bunch of youtube videos showing they do. Always wanted to try one.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by javicracer

•More powerful platform

•Output to on/off switch
Yea, i've thought about it, but in most states, radar/laser jamming is illegal and will get you a serious fine if you're caught with one, so i've stayed away.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Laser Jammers are not illegal in the same way as radar jammers. Radar is governed by the FAA, Laser is govern by the FDA. Yes in some states you will get tickets for them, but if you use them wisely they will never know. The purpose is for the system to let you know you just got tagged.. then you slow down to acceptable speed and turn the jammer off. This is so when you do get tagged again, it will read an acceptable speed. This is not meant for idiots that once they get tagged by laser to continue at the rate of speed with out slowing down....

from radarbusters.com

Laser Jammers are illegal in the states of Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC.

In states where laser jammers are illegal, it would be advisable to power the units down after they active and you have slowed down, to avoid suspicions from law enforcement.

Quick Reply: Radar detector placement