Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Cruise Control Lag - Anyone Else Have It?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise Control Lag - Anyone Else Have It?

Im talking about the lag between when you set the cruise control and the time it takes for the cruise control to set in.

For example:

If I am cruising at 75mph, set the cruise control and then remove my foot from the gas pedal, the car will slow down to about 70mph before then accelerating back up to about 76 and then settling at 75mph.

Not necessarily a huge issue but one I find kind of annoying.

My '91 Toyota Celica for instance will allow me to remove my foot from the pedal instantly and it will stay at whatever speed. The '09 Mazdaspeed 3 I traded in for the Evo was the same way. Both excellent setups.

Is this an issue with any other Evo's and do you think I could have this adjusted when I take the car in for its next oil change/tire rotation. Im just wondering if I am going to hear the 'Thats normal' response.

Its a '10 with about 6500 miles. Has been this way since we dove it off the lot with ~20 miles on her.

Thanks. I did search prior to posting but found no topics and nothing matching in the known issues thread.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Standing at the edge of the gene pool with a flamethrower...
Ive experienced this.

But Ive also experienced this with cars of other brands.

Ive also had an issue where sometimes when I cancel the cruise control it wont turn back on. Its reseloved by stopping, turning off the car and turning it back on.

Ive taken it to the dealer for this and the wanted to keep my car for a few days and drive it on the freeway a few times to "Duplicate" the problem.

I declined-

PS In the two years or so Ive owned the car its only happened 2-3 times and I drive a LOT of highway miles.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 09:27 PM

Yeah, I have had several vehicles in the past that have had this issue.

Hell, my 2003 Toyota Tacoma has his same deal. However, it is 7 years old and has 120k miles.

I don't think my $30k EVO should have this issue, but I'd like to know if it is widespread.