Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Pointers on trailing my Evo X cross country?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slowx
Cool..about hour and a half from where I'm at. Hope the trip goes well and maybe I'll see you at some of the meets coming up.
Yea I am definitely looking forward to becoming apart of the Evo community when I get back there!!!!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by V8eatr
Yea I am definitely looking forward to becoming apart of the Evo community when I get back there!!!!
Perhaps we'll see you here?

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...d.php?t=111840

Should be decently close for you from West Chester.

I'm new to the community as well - that will probably be my first real meet.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

^I am waiting for a phone call on a job that could come today or in 4 months so it really depends, but I am hoping sooner than later. I have the itch and scratch to get back to PA. I am going through beautiful PA withdrawal out here in LA (it doesn't deserve an adjective)! If I am back by then I will be there!
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

nice, good luck to you on that. pulling a trailer for the first time would seem a little scary, as long as you get some practice, or at least have some help, take it slow, and be careful about it and be aware of how long your rig will be should be fine, oh and height clearance.

I would love to move back to PA, I love it everytime I get to go back and visit family. I am from not to far from there as well, was born in York, lived and in Wrightsville, and got family that lives in Lancaster. Love it up there and hope to live up there sometime again soon.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some good input in here. I tow trailers all the time and hauled my old Honda from OR to NY. I backed the car on the trailer because there was better clearance that way but some how there was a lot of dust on the interior by the end of the trip.
Be sure to anchor the car by the frame and not the axles or suspension arms. Not sure what type of trailer you'll be using, but I'm glad some one brought up the question about a flat bed trailer vs the dolly. All 4 wheels must be off the pavement, do not drag. But from what I've gathered that's not an issue.