Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Considering to sell my Evo X - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
for fear of ban, I won't say what I really want to...but to put it lightly, you're not very bright. if you're not going to drive them, sell them. you really should be driving the hell out of both of them. if you have enough money to own all these cars, then you should have enough money to get scratches fixed if you pick any of them up. the EVO is obviously still under warranty, so if you break anything, the dealership will fix it, so what are you afraid of?

I put 176,000 miles on my EVO IX MR in 5 years...bought it brand new, and just sold it. I went through 4 front bumpers, 5 front lips, and 2 intercoolers over the years just from road debris and animals on the hwy. I also have about 20 1st place autocross trophies, and countless hours of smiles from driving it. now the new owner is experiencing the same joy, and guess what? the car is still alive. it hasn't died yet.

stop being a ***** cat without the cat part, and drive the car. or just sell it and drive your mazda.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude, if you hold the evo x for about another 5 months ill personally drive there in my evo ix and pick it up. seriously, the wife has wanted a X TB or RR for awhile soooo, if you sale it ill deff come and get it just let me know
Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Tack, as soon as you drove those cars off the dealerships' lots, they stopped being new. If you look carefully I'd but you'd find a bunch little things that aren't perfect anymore. Bottom line - enjoy the cars. They were meant to be driven and that means they're gonna get banged up a bit. Besides, if you sell them, what are gonna take care of, the company car?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

In the end, have fun.....drive the cars, if it feels like a hassle, then you aren't having fun with them...sell them and put your money into something else that you might enjoy

Bottom line, what ever you choose to do.....ENJOY it whether it be cars or something else...plain and simple
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:14 PM

I don’t think you’re crazy at all. I went through the same thing. I had a very nice wrx that I spent 2 years building for the track, 20k+ in just parts and a new paint job and then I was so paranoid about getting it dirty or damaged I never tracked it.

The solution I came up with was to sell it because I couldn’t go backwards. I resolved that the next car I bought I wouldn’t be so paranoid about. So I picked up my evo x and I don’t stress about it so much. Also I enjoy it more not being so wound up about every spec of bird poop that lands on it.

In my opinion if you are fixated so much on these cars that you cant bring yourself to enjoy them I would get rid of at LEAST one. Then mentally make a decision that the next car you buy you’re going to drive the crap out of and enjoy. It’s a waste of effort having two trailer queens. One is ok in my book though.

Good luck, and I repeat, YOU ARE NOT CRAZY.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by ODUB
if you have enough money to own all these cars, then you should have enough money to get scratches fixed if you pick any of them up.
I bought the cars when I was making sick money with a previous company. Bought the S with cash from selling my old pick up truck, an sr20det swapped s13 and a load of stock market sales. Sadly, I have a more "realistic" job now and a house so my cash flow isn't as endless feeling"

Originally Posted by ODUB
the EVO is obviously still under warranty, so if you break anything, the dealership will fix it, so what are you afraid of?
I hate the dealership. I caught them going on joy rides and when I confronted the service manager he plainly said, "that's how my guys operate, I try to tell them otherwise but I can't just fire them." That high level of incompentance doesn't deserve my time.

Thanks for the response from Slowboi_X for at least making me feel that I am not crazy.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a mad tyte JDM Evo X and I DD it. It has chips, some scratches, and I even curbed my Volks once (but I fixed it). Hell, I even ran over a dead deer in October, which completely destroyed my JUN lip and OEM front bumper, so I just bought the Varis front bumper.

I know how you feel about caring about your car, and I do too, but I can't stand driving my Prelude. It's slow and it handles like crap compared to the Evo. I love driving my Evo. It's fast, sounds awesome, and handles amazingly. Sliding through turns makes my day. I can't wait until it's a 500+WHP DD monster.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Drive them, you pay all that money for them to sit in the garage?

You have to get past the first one, for example, my car has little rock chips and scratches on it, the front lip is a bit chewed up now from bottoming out while hauling *** in a canyon run.

Just gotta realize your having a lot more fun driving it the way it was intended.. You can still take care of a car while driving it.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:34 PM

OP, you sound just like my friend, he owns a S2k too! If you sell either of the cars, you will lose a lot of money, especially if there is nothing wrong with them! Drive them both! S2k in summer, Evo in Winter! Perfect! Problem solved!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 08:58 PM

it amazes me how people spend all that money, and also the mods!, just to see them sit idle in the garage.. umm live a little?

i've got 50k miles on my '07 Z and i beat the snot out of it the very first day i bought it new.. enjoyed every single daily driven mile with this car.. and i plan on keeping it until it breaks.. literally..
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:07 PM

I think I have just an obsessive compulsive nature. That combined with me never really having nice cars, let alone two is something I struggle with sometimes.

I hear it from my wife all the time about how frustrated she gets with me never wanting to enjoy my cars. That's why I started this thread to see if I should get rid of them, buy something beat up that I can enjoy without guilt.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like how my father puts it "Having a really nice car and not driving it or having fun with it is like dating a playboy playmate and not having fun with her." Something else that might drive you crazy, almost every seal through out your car is slowly biodegrading with time
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

You aren't crazy, but it does sound like you have a problem with your cars owning you and not the other way around. It isn't bad to want to keep good care of your cars, but to have them sit isn't doing them or yourself any favors. Cars are meant to be driven and even keeping the miles off of them, your cars are depreciating just sitting around.

The only play you would have is if either of these would be collectors items, and I highly highly doubt it. Over 3000 examples were produced in 2000 for the S2000 - not exactly a limited run. First year Evo X's are worse, I believe they made over 7000.

I would advise you to get rid of the cars. You will feel liberated, and you will probably get a good price on the S2000 and Evo X since they are in such good condition and have very low miles. You'll get your money back, stop spending so much on insurance and registration (and maintenance), and finally have piece of mind.

My advice is take it as a lesson learned, money in the bank is better then being obsessed over possessions which you ultimately have no control over.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My advice, sell the cars. It's a car, it's suppose to take you from point A to point B, a hobby to escape to, and a toy to have fun with.
If you own it just to own it, then that's just excessive, and pointless. It's not an investment, so no point in keeping it perfect.
Find a nice road, and floor either car. If you don't get a thrill and adrenaline rush, then it's a sign that it's not for you. Goodluck.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Let someone else enjoy your car, obviously you're not taking advantage of it. I bet people with exotic cars put more miles on their rides than you did on the s2k and x combined. If you do considering keeping the x, sell the s2k and buy a beater. Use your X for auto x and the weekend. Enjoy life, there's no guarantee for tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Considering to sell my Evo X - Need Advice