Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Considering to sell my Evo X - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering to sell my Evo X - Need Advice

So I am considering to sell my 2008 RR GSR and my 2000 S2000. They are both garage queens. I am scared to really drive them. They sit in my garage, I pull them out to wash them, then they go back in the garage.

It truely feels like my cars owns me. If it rains I don't drive either of them. My nieghbor just went through leg amputation surgery and I thought I would cheer him up with a ride in my S with the top down and his damn wheelchair scratched the car. I hate feeling like the only way to enjoy them is to hide them but I couldn't care to allow anything to happen to them so I barely drive them.

Example of how little I drive them... I bought my evo new and it has 4400 miles. I bought my S used last August and I only put 600 miles on it. I want to mod them and race them but not only do I not have the money nor the desire to cause any damage to them.

I just boiled over this afternoon trying to buff the scratch out of the S and maybe I am jumping to conclusions.

Anyone else feel this way? If I am way out of line don't be afraid to tell me. I would just rather sell them and buy a piece of crap car that I could beat up and have fun with and not worry about every little thing.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:19 PM

Why did you buy the evo in the first place?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:21 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

Post a pic of the s2000, Ive been looking for a good one for a while now...
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
hmm... there is a way to remedy this... pick one to be your A to B car... unless you have a 3 vehicle. Yea if you are just looking at them in the garage... what is the point of having them.

Post a pic of both please.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

I don't understand why people invest their time and money into these machines just to garage them. It's like if I bought a pair of awesomeness sneakers and kept em in the shoe box for fear of dirtiness. But hey!! Good luck if u do decide to sell. Those babies are meant to be driven.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:28 PM

I bought the Evo because I loved it. It's been my favorite car for the last ten years.

My S2000 is a bone stock AP1 silver stone with black leather interior, 16700 miles. Same thing with both cars, they are perfect. Almost showroom quality.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dude, either drive the **** out of them or sell them. They are meant to be driven and nothing lasts forever. I've put 22,000 miles on my X in in the year that I've owned it. Through rain, sleet, and snow, road debris including rocks and salt pellets. I've got scratches and paint chips for sure. Its my DD and my only vehicle. At the end of the day its a car and I'm enjoying every damn mile I put on it.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
either sell them cause you're not using them anyway or stop obsessing over them like they're some sort of gods and start driving them. your cars won't desolve if you get some rain on them and rock chips give it character...

whats the car you drive when these are in the garage?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look at it this way, when your to old to drive are you going to be happy you never drove two amazing cars?

I personally would rather put miles on my car then let it sit and not see any action.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how much you selling the s2k for??
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:43 PM

I drive either a company / rental car or a Mazda6
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
find a local autox event. do one event in each car. if you don't have fun, sell the cars. If you have fun, keep them and start driving them, and use them as they should be used.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by warmmilk
either sell them cause you're not using them anyway or stop obsessing over them like they're some sort of gods and start driving them. your cars won't desolve if you get some rain on them and rock chips give it character...

whats the car you drive when these are in the garage?
agreed.

Originally Posted by supergouki
Dude, either drive the **** out of them or sell them. They are meant to be driven and nothing lasts forever. I've put 22,000 miles on my X in in the year that I've owned it. Through rain, sleet, and snow, road debris including rocks and salt pellets. I've got scratches and paint chips for sure. Its my DD and my only vehicle. At the end of the day its a car and I'm enjoying every damn mile I put on it.
scratches, chips...couldnt have set it better putting miles on the car just makes it feel WORTH IT, and shoot, i work hard to have what i drive, and i appreciate every freakin' mile on it. i "baby" it per say, as in washes, waxing, but hell...its meant to get dirty, its going to get scratched...its the inevitable. just clean it and take care of it.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

I felt the same way about my previous M3 but then I got over it. For the Evo/STI, I look at them as rally inspired vehicles. For every scratch I got on the STI, I viewed them as "battle scars", different marks that were a testament to my driving experiences.

Honestly, it's a shame to keep an Evo in a garage like that. Drive that b1tch--she don't bite.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed, scratches, dents, dings, and marks all happen.. its not the end of the world. Go enjoy your car. But if you cannot bring yourself to live with the consequences of enjoying them (which is very minimal) then sell them

Quick Reply: Considering to sell my Evo X - Need Advice