Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How do I get sponsors for my car??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol ^
Old Dec 27, 2013, 05:30 PM

True, not many people get sponsored. If you really want to do it without spending tons of money on the car you need to get out to the track, learn to compete with a stock platform and start documenting everything to share it all online. Start a build thread, post lots of photos, get people interested in what you're doing. If you're a good enough driver and get some results sponsors will take notice.

I know this thread is old, but others with the same question will come across this discussion with the idea that it's impossible based on the replies. It's not impossible but it also requires a ton more work than some of the naive noobs out there realize.

Check out http://www.carsponsorshipguide.com for some detailed articles on how to get sponsorship through grassroots efforts using the web. You need to learn how to build a blog, leverage forums for exposure, capitalize on social media, and tell a story through write-ups and photos. If you do it effectively (and you're a skilled driver), you'll have no problem landing sponsors.

The first step though is to go out and get some seat time at your local events.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:14 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You need to be super active and be seen in events winning if you want sponsorship.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's not just about seat time. It's not just about winning either. You need both, you need to participate too. And, finally, you need to build a value proposition that justifies the vendor's providing you goods or services in lieu of marketing exposure. It is much harder to do well than most realize.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Johnr352
It's not just about seat time. It's not just about winning either. You need both, you need to participate too. And, finally, you need to build a value proposition that justifies the vendor's providing you goods or services in lieu of marketing exposure. It is much harder to do well than most realize.
Just to add a little more to this - one mistake a lot of newbie racers make is jumping into racing with a highly modified car. The more mods you have, the less competitive you're likely going to be right out of the gate, especially in a factory turbocharged car. This puts you at a huge disadvantage. If you really want to get sponsored, start out with a mostly stock car so that you have a better chance of being competitive. Take a look at what other cars will be competing in your class and see where you might have the best chance of winning faster.

Once you get out to the events you'll figure this stuff out... which is important because you have to show a successful record to potential sponsors. The more success you have, the more you can share on your blog and in forums like this EvoM. You need to be a good driver, you need to win races, and you need to share all of your experiences online for everyone to follow along with and build a following while you're doing it.

Case in point - take a look at John's site in his signature. This is the sort of blog site that is suggested on the CarSponsorshipGuide.com site I linked to above. Nice job, John and congrats on the championships. I would love to get some feedback from someone like you on the blog if you have some time.

Last edited by Ludachris; Dec 30, 2013 at 04:07 PM.