Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X GSR - R&T June 2011

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When i took my Evo for a tune I was told the 2010 run lean and the 2011 run rich, either way i was very excited with my results. simple flash and put me at 315/316 with no modifications at all.
Old May 9, 2011, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BMORESOLD13R
When i took my Evo for a tune I was told the 2010 run lean and the 2011 run rich, either way i was very excited with my results. simple flash and put me at 315/316 with no modifications at all.
why did you flash your 2011
Old May 9, 2011, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

What were your baseline HP/Tq numbers before the flash?

Old May 9, 2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by sfearl1
why did you flash your 2011
to get more power out of the car, they all come pretty modest from the factory

@modvp

they put a baseline flash on before they adjusted for the last two pulls (so i didnt get a 'from the factory' pull) and i was at 269/274 if i can remember correct, got the sheets home with the car, had to come back to afghanistan
Old May 9, 2011, 12:08 PM

@modvp

they put a baseline flash on before they adjusted for the last two pulls (so i didnt get a 'from the factory' pull) and i was at 269/274 if i can remember correct, got the sheets home with the car, had to come back to afghanistan
Do you know if that is a high reading dyno? It seems like it is with a stock car putting down thoes numbers, but maybe the 2011 factory tune is so good that they make mad power stock now.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by 2011MR_Lover
Do you know if that is a high reading dyno? It seems like it is with a stock car putting down thoes numbers, but maybe the 2011 factory tune is so good that they make mad power stock now.

not sure but if anyone has gotten any work done by Atlantic Motorsports in MD and knows let me know. I also had my boost turned up and with the boost gauge it spiked at 27 lbs. and i think i hold about 24 or 25 lbs.

also i never saw what the 'stock' pull was, the first pull was after they loaded a baseline flash and went from there.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

not sure but if anyone has gotten any work done by Atlantic Motorsports in MD and knows let me know. I also had my boost turned up and with the boost gauge it spiked at 27 lbs. and i think i hold about 24 or 25 lbs.

also i never saw what the 'stock' pull was, the first pull was after they loaded a baseline flash and went from there.
^ You have a good experience there? I live close to them and always wondered.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by slebo3213
^ You have a good experience there? I live close to them and always wondered.

yes they were really knowledgable and after going the IAG (Subie) then going there and seeing 5 Evos in their bay I knew I found a good place. I appreciated their honesty and the 'well we dont want to tell you what to spend you money on but you dont need that' factor was a deciding factor *when i inquired about a BOV*. they took time to learn my name after two visits and the crew were very professional, along with updates when things dont go to their plan, i was looked for and given a dyno graph after each pull. they arent paying me either, check out their facbook page i posted a comment about the quality of their work. can say enough good things but as an example met a guy with a tc with 360 whp that drives from VA to get his car worked on there, and i drive from east baltimore to get there. brother in law *2011 mazdaspeed3 and good friend *wants a STI will also be switching to their shop. sorry everyone else just good shops arent as common as you might think in some states

SN: they also have a sick lookin WW 10 there
Old May 9, 2011, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

@modvp

oh, by flashed you meant you got a pro tune nice.
Old May 9, 2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by sfearl1
oh, by flashed you meant you got a pro tune nice.

oh yea sorry one term doesnt fit all lol, but i think some things are best done by guys who get paid to do it
Old May 15, 2011, 01:52 AM

Lol, just did some pulls and at full boost the AFR was 10.2...that's with TP and catback. I wonder how the 2011s are putting down those numbers when the AFR is still pig rich? I imagine there are other variables that determine HP and Tq that I'm not aware of...

Can't wait to get tuned though.
Old May 15, 2011, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by techmaster
Lol, just did some pulls and at full boost the AFR was 10.2...that's with TP and catback. I wonder how the 2011s are putting down those numbers when the AFR is still pig rich? I imagine there are other variables that determine HP and Tq that I'm not aware of...

Can't wait to get tuned though.

well the guy who did my tune adjusted my AFR so its a bit more balanced when in full boost (better fuel economy too), the boost was also raised i spike at 27psi and hold about 25. im aware of the same hp tq variables you are gasoline and oxygen... unless i been told things wrong
Old May 16, 2011, 05:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
I was making 26 psi on stock flash, I also got a pm from another member on here with a 2011 that said he spikes to 26 on the stock tune sometimes.

while the 2011 makes more power stock (I dyno'd 282 bone stock on a different dyno than the link below, but also a dynojet), a tune is still very very generous (picked up 60 whp at 5500 rpm)

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...d-english.html
Old May 17, 2011, 02:13 AM

Old Jun 6, 2011, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
Just casually reread the article, something caught me by surprise - while they praise the handling of the X, they say it's not as precise as the Nissans? And this is the regular Nissan 370Z, not the Nismo - with more chassis stiffening.. Also the 370Z's lsd is just a regular old viscous type, nothing special at all

Quick Reply: Evo X GSR - R&T June 2011