Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Hey doods. Would you buy this EVO X?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hey doods. Would you buy this EVO X?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Let me know your thoughts. Or even if you know the original owner

Thanks!

Eric
Old May 3, 2011, 07:55 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
IMO price is a $1000-$1500 too high for that mileage. Ask seller if he has wiggle room. Car is nice, though.
Old May 3, 2011, 08:03 AM

The part about the warranty is false. You know the warranty is gone with those mods. If that matters to you.
Old May 3, 2011, 08:10 AM

KBB makes me feel that this car is priced pretty well. That could be different from the true market value where I'll take the advice from you guys.

I'd have to assume evo's are hard to sell with gas prices etc. the way they are now.

Yeah, I figured the warranty is shot. I'm not too worried about it. From everything I know these are pretty robust cars and from what I'm told I definitely want to stay with a GSR in regards to tranny.

EDIT: Possibly stupid question - However is there anyway to know if this car has been tuned?

Last edited by CivicBeater; May 3, 2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:09 PM

It would be hard to tell if it's been tuned or not. With those mods though if it wasn't tuned it would probably be running pretty bad. I would just make sure not to make a deal until you've seen it in person. Be sure to check all body panels for mismatched paint.( Seen this on a used one I was looking at a while back). Make sure the tires are not the stock Advans cause at that mileage those would be worn out major. Also make sure the clutch feels good too. At that mileage the clutch might be ready for a new one depending on the previous owners driving habits. If the dealership tells you that they replaced the clutch ask them for paperwork to show it. Dealers are still pretty stubborn about prices even with gas prices. They will play the " This car won't last long cause everyone wants one and they are hard to come by. When they do come they go fast." card on you. Really though the price isn't too bad and it's really just up to you. Good luck.
Old May 3, 2011, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Like Noize said, if he could come down another 1000-1500, that would make it a better deal.
Old May 4, 2011, 06:34 AM

Thanks a lot for the advice guys. Good to know it seems like an almost fair deal. I do wish it had about 10k less miles but oh well. It wont' be driven too much by me considering I work a mile away from home so it'll balance out.

Just sucks this is practically the only evo at a dealership within 200 miles. You would think being in South Florida they would be all over the place. Hmm
Old May 4, 2011, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's also doesn't have the SSS package. Which means no hid's, no big wing, no RF sound system. If ur gonna spend that money I know u can find evo's with all the options for a similar price. I barely paid over march of 2010 for my gsr with SSS and 2500 miles.

If u want this one I've read that guys get them compression tested and or take them to a reptable shop for a good once over.

Good luck with whatever u decide.
Old May 4, 2011, 07:51 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkrider3
It's also doesn't have the SSS package. Which means no hid's, no big wing, no RF sound system. If ur gonna spend that money I know u can find evo's with all the options for a similar price. I barely paid over march of 2010 for my gsr with SSS and 2500 miles.

If u want this one I've read that guys get them compression tested and or take them to a reptable shop for a good once over.

Good luck with whatever u decide.
Dude, great eye! I didn't even catch that.

OP, based on that, I think it is way too high priced. I think you should look in the FS forums here. So what if you have to drive 500 miles? If you get a car with 20k less miles and save $2000+ it would be worth it, right?
Old May 4, 2011, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

OP, based on that, I think it is way too high priced. I think you should look in the FS forums here. So what if you have to drive 500 miles? If you get a car with 20k less miles and save $2000+ it would be worth it, right?[/QUOTE]

Car looks good. But I think it's a bit high.. Also check or ask for CarFax..

Good luck!!
Old May 4, 2011, 09:30 AM

I wouldn't buy an evo with any mods on it if I were you.... maybe an exhaust and intake.... but anything else and it's probably been abused. And with that many mods unless you're willing to convert it back to stock you've lost your warranty. This car can take a beating if stock... but once modded I've read enuf horror stories already.
Old May 4, 2011, 10:49 PM

thats too many miles for that price. I bought mine with 22k miles for $26,000 from a dealership, stock. And i have the AERO-kit package as well as the SSS-package.
Old May 5, 2011, 03:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by qwertykerr
I wouldn't buy an evo with any mods on it if I were you.... maybe an exhaust and intake.... but anything else and it's probably been abused. And with that many mods unless you're willing to convert it back to stock you've lost your warranty. This car can take a beating if stock... but once modded I've read enuf horror stories already.
Gosh, not sure that's true as most of the people modding that I've met take waaaaay better care of their cars then the person who doesn't. I don't know of many people modding cars who forget to change the oil, don't check out that funny noise, etc.
Old May 5, 2011, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by qwertykerr
Bull****.

Modded or not these cars take a beating. Its why they exist.

My car gets better maintenance now its modded; I have the tuner do the maintenance not some know-nothing stealership.
Old May 5, 2011, 05:57 AM

My car is modded and tuned but never raced or tracked. The hardest I pushed it was on my tuning day doin the pulls. It's a nice cruiser for me with the power I I should want it.

My tuner runs an fp red and has 40k miles on his Evo, 15k with the red and he has no issues, maintenance worries, or anything else. He is still on the stock clutch and he auto-x's his.

I would buy modded if I knew the guy and how he treats his stuff. But I do agree that most of these cars are driven hard.

Quick Reply: Hey doods. Would you buy this EVO X?