Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Exhaust ticket RANT

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust ticket RANT

so today i got a freaking ticking for my exhaust being "defective". The whole situation was so dumb. I was at the beach today with some buddies and being in sand we thought a little slip in slide would be alright even on the empty side of the beach. So as we are about to leave from the beach the 5-0 comes in SQUADS and pulls my buddy over. Thinking ill just wait for him another comes 5 min later to bother me. After defending myself that i was driving safely he goes:

COP: Is your engine on?
Me: No sir
COP: Turn your engine on
I turn it on
COP: Give it gas
i give it gas
COP: You have Defective aftermarket exhaust producing exessive noise, stay here
Im just thinking WTF is that legal
comes back and gives me a ticket tells me that if i put stock back on and take pics they will wave the ticket.
JESUS
Hoesntly you have to really give me ticket for this (as a grumbling subi drives by)
So dumb

one question i have is after i get the proof the stock is back on do i need to set up a court date for it or just go to the courthouse in present it to whom it may concern?

Thank you for reading
Old Jun 5, 2011, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I know here you have to go to your court date and a cop goes out to the car to examine it. If you fixed what they said then the ticket is waved.. they do this for exhaust, cracked windshields, really dark tint, etc..
Old Jun 5, 2011, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Call the # on the ticket and ask--likely need to go to court and present proof....Aren't you focused on the wrong thing--like the lesson to be learned-- stay off the beach with your car, dont hang around and wait for your friend after you have been doing illegal driving and think its ok...the cop can do what he wants and he did, he couldnt get you for the beach incident cause he didnt see it---but he got you for something else and will waste yout time and money cause he can--fact of the matter is he questioned your exhaust and now you have to prove its legal. He accomplished what he wanted to accomplish--making you pay for bad choices. Thinking you wont be doing that again..
Old Jun 5, 2011, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Snap a quick picture of a stock Evo with your rear license plate on it
Old Jun 5, 2011, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The cop could have given you a reckless driving ticket for sliding you car on a public beach. Drifting an evo on an empty public beach sounds like fun, but it is dangerous and something you really don't want to be doing.

In the cops eyes, he probably thinks he did you a favor by only giving you an exhaust ticket instead of reckless driving.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Don't "slip in slide" in public areas such as a beach when people are in the area?? But that's just me..you're lucky you only got an exhaust ticket in my eyes...
Old Jun 5, 2011, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

How much is the fine? Its probably worth paying it and going on your merry way.

I got pulled over for my tints and had 2 options. Go online and pay $54 and be done with it. OR go to a tint shop to take them off for $100 or so then go to court to get the ticket dismissed but then pay $50 in court fees.
Call the court and ask what your options are. Its much easier to pay a fine then go through the hassle of removing then reinstalling an exhaust then to wait in court and pay their fees.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 09:24 AM

fine was 150 dollars
Old Jun 5, 2011, 03:22 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

What the hell? Cops give tickets for stupid reasons...

I got a 27007 last night:

No driver of a vehicle shall operate, or permit the
operation of, any sound amplification system which can be heard
outside the vehicle from 50 or more feet when the vehicle is being
operated upon a highway, unless that system is being operated to
request assistance or warn of a hazardous situation.
I had the music up on my fosgate as I drive by another officer giving somebody else a ticket and he didn't even turn his head. His douche bag buddy hiding in a street caught me. I doubt he pulled me over for the music. I had 4 heads including me in an Evo on a Saturday night. He didn't give me a fine or anything, he said I have to appear in court? For loud music?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Damn cops got me doing 55 in a 30 a holes.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordian79
Damn cops got me doing 55 in a 30 a holes.
55 in a 30? Well in their eyes you were doing "25 over"
Old Jun 6, 2011, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sev™
What the hell? Cops give tickets for stupid reasons...

I got a 27007 last night:

I had the music up on my fosgate as I drive by another officer giving somebody else a ticket and he didn't even turn his head. His douche bag buddy hiding in a street caught me. I doubt he pulled me over for the music. I had 4 heads including me in an Evo on a Saturday night. He didn't give me a fine or anything, he said I have to appear in court? For loud music?

unfortunately, having loud music in socal can get you a ticket... the officer who's giving a ticket might seem to ignore you, but trust me they noticed you... and how late was this on a Saturday night? I THINK, after 8pm or 9pm would be a no-no on loud music.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

I don't see how a car exhaust can be louder than a stock harley... yet i never see any cops bothering them
Old Jun 6, 2011, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by captobvious75
I don't see how a car exhaust can be louder than a stock harley... yet i never see any cops bothering them
I never see see the cops bother Lambos or Ferraris where I live yet I happen to get a ticket for my Thermal RD exhaust.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by captobvious75
This one always bothered me as well. I think the issue is, cops know thats the way those bikes sound when they leave the factory. So they are not defective. The law revolves around defective exhaust systems.

Quick Reply: Exhaust ticket RANT