Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X two step

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Yes you are wrong in all accounts,just for start there is no ayw that is an ayc. And no you cant turn that off etc.
read the owner manual. There are chapters in it, so you can pick what you like to know.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Several people have now said that you have to put the ASC into at least plain-off for the two-step to be active. Are any of you sure of this?

As to full-off disabling "YAW," he wasn't that far off (although I can see why Rob was annoyed). Full-off (aka "off-off") disables the single-wheel braking help for the AYC, so it is related to yaw, albeit with no need for capitals.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snakes709
The only one in Calgary is Sunny from Airboy tune, he's worse then Cam..lol. I'm going to get this out of the way, i am in no way bashing Sunny or Cam, im just relaying the info to what is avalible for us (Evo guys in Alberta)

If you check out the other forum, Cody (pounder) went to Sunny with his Ralliart EvoX swap. He said the tune was alright but it was knocking in a few places. He got a hold of Kris (Clipse3GT and did etuning), he got 50hp more, no knock and overall driveability improved. LIke wtf? he got more power, safer and DD driveability improved... Couple of othe people had similar expeirences with sunny like that.

As for the wideband and etuning. You shouldnt need another gauge. There should be a blue wire (at least on mine its blue) for logging coming off the back of your gauge...it might be a different color. You run that wire to a usb-serial port adaptor. You connect that wire to one of the pins, another ground wire to another pin and to a grounder spot. Then plug the usb part into the laptop. Its really easy to do and i installed the adaptor in another Evo owner within 40mins. PM if you are interested and i can give you more info.
I appreciate the info & honest opinions. I find the tune I have to be so finicky. Some days it pulls like a mofu & others it feels like I am pulling a trailer. Just weird. It seems like Clipse3gt may be worth a try. I will check my gauge & see if I can figure out. Any idea of what he charges?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PhantomBlack
I appreciate the info & honest opinions. I find the tune I have to be so finicky. Some days it pulls like a mofu & others it feels like I am pulling a trailer. Just weird. It seems like Clipse3gt may be worth a try. I will check my gauge & see if I can figure out. Any idea of what he charges?
$250 for 1 tune or $300 for 2 tunes. I went with 2 tunes (91 octane and 94 octane).
Old Jun 3, 2012, 04:40 PM

$250 for 1 tune or $300 for 2 tunes. I went with 2 tunes (91 octane and 94 octane).
That's sweet. I will be all over that. I better get started getting everything together that I need! I pm'd someone else; i think it was mellon(not sure) & the price was much more for one tune. Thanks. So it seems like the ecutek or whatever its called is a better tuning tool than cobb ap. it seems like most guys tuned with the cobb ap aren't totally happy.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Yes you are wrong in all accounts,just for start there is no ayw that is an ayc. And no you cant turn that off etc.
read the owner manual. There are chapters in it, so you can pick what you like to know.
Well I wasnt wrong about beating the soarer :O

and the ayc, active yaw control, im pretty sure turns off

please, enlighten me
Old Jun 3, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

why is this still being discussed? basically the short end of it... press and hold the tc button for 3 seconds. Once it shuts off, you will be in 2 step, launch it and it wont take power away if it detects wheel spin.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 07:52 PM
Account Disabled

basing the tuner choice on price is a bad decision...go with who does a good job and you'll be much happier. It kills me to see people spend a thousand bucks on a FMIC kit or exhaust but only want to spend a couple hundred on a tune lol
Old Jun 3, 2012, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Racing
basing the tuner choice on price is a bad decision...go with who does a good job and you'll be much happier. It kills me to see people spend a thousand bucks on a FMIC kit or exhaust but only want to spend a couple hundred on a tune lol

if you are referring to my post, make sure you know what your are talking about before posting yourself. The local tuner charges $500-700 for a **** poor tune. Clipse does an awesome and safe tune for $250-300.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 03:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tyrell27
Well I wasnt wrong about beating the soarer :O

and the ayc, active yaw control, im pretty sure turns off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlXDexNY-CE

please, enlighten me
Show mw how you turn off the ayc ... lol

There is a reason why they say the most dangerous people who doesnt know, what they doesnt know.

Read more about the s- awc.
Read more about ayc/active differencial
Read more about the acd.

Then you will see why....

Its off topic and its been discussed many times before ...

Go back to the subject...
Old Jun 4, 2012, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Several people have now said that you have to put the ASC into at least plain-off for the two-step to be active. Are any of you sure of this?

As to full-off disabling "YAW," he wasn't that far off (although I can see why Rob was annoyed). Full-off (aka "off-off") disables the single-wheel braking help for the AYC, so it is related to yaw, albeit with no need for capitals.
Yaw and ayc is not close.... and you know it.
you turn of the abs which helps for the s-awc.
Not for the ayc...
Ayc doing its own thing, regardless what position you set the s- awc system.
Also its not bad if he knowns the definitions and they meanings, before ask they relations to each others.

But as i said its off topic.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 4, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

why is this still being discussed? basically the short end of it... press and hold the tc button for 3 seconds. Once it shuts off, you will be in 2 step, launch it and it wont take power away if it detects wheel spin.
So you are sure that you must turn off the ACS for the two-step to be active?

That you think that the difference between full-off (3-seconds) and plain-off (tap) has something to do with traction control tells me that you really don't understand that button.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Yaw and ayc is not close.... and you know it.
Now I think that you're being too picky, saying that they're not even close when the Y in AYC stands for "yaw."

Think about it this way: which ECU sends the command to the ABS unit to activate single-wheel rear-braking help for yaw?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
So you are sure that you must turn off the ACS for the two-step to be active?

That you think that the difference between full-off (3-seconds) and plain-off (tap) has something to do with traction control tells me that you really don't understand that button.
Have you tired it before? Because i have. The first day i got my evo i went to the drag strip, launched at 3000rpms but one tires went through the water box when i went around it, it spun and the system cut my power. I then tried turning the tc off (one push). Still was able to rev to redline but launched at 3000rpm. Ran a 13.5. I then turned it off off and ised the 2 step and lauched with everything off and ran a 13.2.

Also on the road course i ran with everything on and it kept cutting my power coming out if the turns. I then ran with just one off and ran perfect. I ran wth it off and kept the same lines and same style and almost flew off the track.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

My goodness, you really have no idea what we - including you - are actually talking about. This discussion is about the two-step. That's the lower-than-usual rev-limiter for launching from a stand-still. You are talking about type-1 traction control, which is simply throttle-cut when one or more wheels lose grip. Yes, the type-1 TC is turned off when you tap the ASC button. But, again, that isn't the question; the question is whether the two-step requires that you tap or hold the button.

Note: if all you've ever done is launch at 3k, then you've never been near the two-step.

Quick Reply: Evo X two step