Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Buy 2011 or Wait for 2012?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But the Evolution is Mitsubishi's only powerful car (sorry eclipse owners) Every car company has "that one car". I understand that they're gonna go in a "new direction" perhaps green even, but I really really doubt they are gonna up and dump their only claim to fame. Sure their other cars are great, but Mitsu won't leave it's most loyal customers (us) in the dust.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Carloverx
lol, let's go over this one more time.

The point is this:
1. 99.9% of the time, investing in cars is silly. The Evo is no exception. If you think you're going to make a dime off of it, you're kidding yourself.

2. The Supra may hold it's retail value better than most, but it's no where near breaking even, let alone a good investment
I get what you're saying lol I was just pointing out a few things

Cars are an expense and a luxury that's all, they're never a good investment choice

look at my case I just put $5k down on the Evo... money I could have double with swing trades in a few months or money I could've put down on the house to shorten the break-even period down a year maybe ...but hey, you live and you die... or is it, you live and you learn?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jazket
I get what you're saying lol I was just pointing out a few things

Cars are an expense and a luxury that's all, they're never a good investment choice

look at my case I just put $5k down on the Evo... money I could have double with swing trades in a few months or money I could've put down on the house to shorten the break-even period down a year maybe ...but hey, you live and you die... or is it, you live and you learn?
If I had to guess, I'd say buying up one of the 300 BMW 1m's coming over here may be worth it if you can get it at msrp . My only problem would be keeping myself from driving it lol.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HDGamer
Hey guys, im in the market for an Evolution. Was wondering if it would be wiser to wait for the 2012 model, and how long of a wait that might be. Also, any upcoming changes would be appreciated as well.

Also, if I do end up waiting, and there aren't any significant changes, what kind of price drops might we expect for 2011 GSRs still on lot?
I ordered my 2011 in Sept 2010. I was lucky and got part of the first group to come over on the boat. I got my car about 6 weeks later. My prior experience ordering a new car is that you order in spring/summer for fall arrival. Mits. seems to run serveral months behind the other manufactures. So, if you want a '12 its going to be winter before you see it. Another consideration is what features and color you want. If I were you I would look for what you want now to see if it's available. You may find what you want feature/color/price wise is not around in an '11 and then you'll have your answer on what year to get....Hope that helps.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by redmachine
Guys... this is the last evo... mitsu is going in a diferent derection... seriously, they wand to go in a "green directon"
This has been floating around for years. The 2010 was the last one, the 2009 was the last one....I think mits just says this stuff to sell more cars. There will be a 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016... and each of those will be the last one
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:44 PM

I would probably pick up an '11 if given the choice. The savings off of the window sticker would make that worth it to me. Sure it's nice to have the latest model year in your garage but in the long run is it really worth it when you'll be paying a premium for it. I bought my '08 brand new in '09 and saved a lot of money, sure I could of waited for the '10s to come out but other than the new gauge display I didn't see the benefit of paying more money.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 01:55 PM

I'm in the same boat 11 or 12...my thoughts are to wait until Mitsu puts out a press release giving the details about the changes to the 2012 model. Then I'm basing my decision from that..if I like a certain option they make standard or add a minor detail I like I may just order a 12...also as someone else mentioned...if you order it you dont need to worry about finding one just the way you like from inventories in your area which can be sparse at times.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Lol if the IX isn't holding its value, what makes you think the X will. The IX is more sought after than the X.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 02:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GinNBoost
Lol if the IX isn't holding its value, what makes you think the X will. The IX is more sought after than the X.
Hey Adam, that you? Quit raggin' on my X, it's a huge upgrade from dsms. :-D