Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Judging interest in Full Race developing exhaust for Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Judging interest in Full Race developing exhaust for Evo X

I am friends with Geoff Raicer of Full Race. I just bought a new 2011 Evo X GSR. I am already looking at basic bolt on mods for the car. I went through the awesome exhaust thread on this site and looked at all the exhausts available for the Evo X.

I noticed that Full Race was not listed. [As an aside, I have a built 2007 Civic Si. It had a Vibrant exhaust that sounded good, but was quite loud. So, I bought a Full Race 3" exhaust that not only dramatically reduced sound levels, but also picked up 11 hp over my Vibrant exhaust. I becamed a Full Race fan.]

I contacted Geoff about coming out with an exhaust for the Evo X. He was quite interested. In fact, he bought an Evo XIII and he loves the Evo platform. He asked me some questions about what I would like to see. He also discussed some ideas that he has had as well. So, after talking to him, I decided to make a thread to see if there would be interest in an Evo X exhaust. The Civic Si cat-back retails for $599.

Here are some ideas we discussed:

1. 3" single exit, single muffler, single tip that would look similar to the Civic Si exhaust. [Here is a picture of the exhaust tip on my Si:]

2. 3" "slanted muffler" look that HKS and Apex'i exhausts are known for.

3. 3" exhaust similar to the FQ400, center exit exhaust. There would be an additional cost of a diffuser.

4. 3" dual exit, dual muffler, dual tip exhaust which would be like the CP-E exhaust.

If there is sufficient interest for Full Race to produce an exhaust, there is a good possibility that they will come out with one of their high quality cat-back exhaust systems. Please share what type of system would interest you the most.

Last edited by SamsonEvoX; Aug 4, 2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I was a company trying to get in to the Evo X world, I would try two things.

1. Make a really good sounding single exit exhaust like the "slanted muffler" pic you have that is priced very well.

2. Make a new exhaust that no one has out yet, a.k.a. the center exit. It looks awesome but would be pricey because of the diffuser. Two things come in to play with the center exit though.. First, where are you going to put the tip? On the FQ, their plate is smaller so there is room under it. Second, you will have to make sure the diffuser fits perfectly or people will complain and b****. It's hard to do the center exit because you have to make it sound great and make sure it fits perfect.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
center exit, all the way. hands down.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center exit seems like the best way to get into the market, as kirk said.