Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

370z looking into Evo X MR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
370z looking into Evo X MR

Hello everyone I am looking into trading in my 370z for an Evo X Mr.
Are there any years I should be avoiding?
Also I heard they aren't mod friendly...
I am from the North East and was wondering if there are any recommended dealerships.
Thanks!
Her name is Zoey
http://www.importtuner.com/powerpage...ges/index.html
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

All evos are mod friendly
Old Aug 7, 2011, 01:06 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Almost 7 years ago I did what your trying to do, I traded in my 350z for my EVO 8 MR. Never looked back.
The X MR's are best for DD.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

WOW so much love for the X, here is what you do drive both and then make your decision trust me either one is good I had an evo viii now i have an X MR I dont regret it. but you should really drive both before making a decision based on hearsay.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

They're two different cars. You will miss the rwd and feel of the 370z but you gain plenty with the X. You sacrifice power compared to the 8/9 for some luxury in the X. Power is easily attainable, many used parts available, AWD for the winter and of course a turbo.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, feels like we just had this discussion with another member. He was looking to trade in his SRT-4 for a 370z or a EvoX.

First id like to say, welcome to the forums.

On to why you should buy a EvoX...lol. I use to own a Cobalt SS/SC...sold it and bought a 09 370z...owned it for 8 months and sold it. Buying it was the biggest mistake i ever made in my life. I'm sure your aware of the oil cooling issue so staight from factory..its no good on the track like it should be. Mine was a DD and i needed something to handle the winter...it did an awesome job at that...once i disconnected the VDC system (not just turn it off, i mean pull the damn thing out) Anyways enough about the Z....u know it as much as i do....

I went from the 370z to a SRT-10 Ram...once the tranny started going i decided to buy a 2011 EvoX GSR....all i can say is i wish i would have went from the Cobalt to the Evo (would have saved my *** from being in debt. This car can do everything the 370z can, plus more. It's the same price, but holds the value better. In 8 months of owning the Z, i lost almost $20,000 in value. The Evo is better on gas, handles better, imo i feel its faster and theres alot more room. One of the biggest issues i had with the Z is, i couldnt fit my army gear in the car....now i can fit it in my Evo and still able to have a passenger.

Bottom line is....get a EvoX....lol. As for what years to stay away from...i could be wrong but its my understanding that 08/09 had the fuel relay issue and they fixed it 2010...not 100% on that but i know 2011's were fixed for sure.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 03:52 PM

Lol my buddy is on the same train as you. Has an 09 370z and wants either an STI or an Evo X. Kida leaning towards an STI though. You wont regret it, but i say get a gsr insread
Old Aug 7, 2011, 04:31 PM

Personally, I think it really has to do with what you would like to do with the vehicle.

I got so sick of having just a two seater.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

i came from a 350z. as much as i miss my Z, i love my X. and i don't like the 370's as much as the 350's.

you'll be happy with the X
Old Aug 7, 2011, 10:36 PM

The 370Z was an awesome ride for me.
I enjoyed it for a little over 2 years now.
But with my life style and the area that I live in, the z is just not practical enough.
I sorta regretted buying it but hell all the meets and cruises were definetly worth it.
Met some pretty cool people out there as well as *******s.
My previous car was a 03' 350z.
And before that was a 95' 240sx.
So I am a nissan head going over to the mitsubishi side.
I am currently studying parts and have come down to AMS Single Turbo Back, GM Boost solenoid, Cobb AP V2. Since I went to EFI Logics for Import Tuner on my 370z I'm sure Chris @ EFI will hook me up nicely!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 01:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Two seat cars are not practical too lol, nice to see
Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Myself, I would rather have the 370Z then the X MR. If you're going to start modding an Evo, your going to want to get a GSR. The automatic can't handle that much power and is very costly to repair/replace. The only two reasons I would rather have an Evo over the Z are, AWD for when it's cold outside and the fact that it has a back seat.

Not that I don't like the X, but I'd much rather have the IX in a 5 speed for a building platform.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:06 AM

I would stick with the 370z and turbo it.... Had few evos before and they were great cars, but poor customer service at the dealerships...
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

I am actually the other way around and came from an X. I did more modding than I should have and the car became more of a problem than a joy to have.

The thing is that modding is so addictive! A single turbo kit or SC for the Z will run about 6 grand... but that will get you 400-500 hp too... Evo just doesn't cost as much to mod. You can buy good parts that don't have to be the VERY top name and get 400 hp relatively easy. I had 383 hp and I think I had 2500 in mods I believe? + or - a little.

I have to say however... I enjoy the Z more and stock for stock it is faster than the heavier X... not more than my IX RS was stock, but it was much lighter, but there's a few guys running 12.9 completely stock, so the car is faster than the magazines tell us.

However an exhaust, test pipes or HFC's and stillen G3 intakes will run you about... well 2000.00 for GOOD parts and net you about 315 whp. The sound though... man that 3.7 sounds good with some of these exhausts out here lol.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hipooh2000
I would stick with the 370z and turbo it.... Had few evos before and they were great cars, but poor customer service at the dealerships...
Oh yeah, forgot to mention... Evo X = CHEAP paint... customer service isn't to great, but I can't say that Nissan has been overly impressive either. Interior... oh geez the Z beats the HELL out of the X!

BUT, then again, the X has 4 doors and is indeed more practical, sun, snow, rain... it just doesn't matter for that car... I will miss that greatly... AND with Mitsu not making them anymore here... the value will likely skyrocket over the next few years.

Quick Reply: 370z looking into Evo X MR