Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Can't stop driving my car!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At this point, even if I decided to switch, I don't think it would be financially responsible at all. Trade/Sell the car after a little over a week of owning it with just over 1k miles? I wouldn't be upside down on it, but that's just throwing more money away at that point. Damn 9.25% taxes. I mean if I went back to that same dealer a week later, I can't even, nor do I want to, imagine what they would offer me for the car...

Might just end up buying an older miata or something. I have two old cadillacs that I wouldn't mind getting rid of at some point. It's actually cheaper for me to insure all three cars than it would be to just insure the Evo. Gotta love discounts.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:09 PM

i work 3rd shift and i eat sleep work and drive my car as well. and i drive in between the other three.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

I bet the sst is nice if you ever find yourself in stop and go traffic! In time I would bet you will not miss the manual as much.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:38 PM

Lol this is the regret of an MR I feel like I might have.

What the MR makes up for with added features and options it lacks with the feeling of true control over the car. You'll get used to it, or it's probably an easy thing to "downgrade" down to a GSR?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:49 AM

this thread doesn't help with my decision between gsr and mr
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:57 AM
T6
Evolving Member

Stick with the MR... I love my SST. I do miss manual. I was going to trade mine in after 3 months after feeling like I need to chop off my left leg as I dont need it for the car... Then I switch to driving around in sport/s-sport in manual mode. I am loving it. Shifting is so much faster, a lot more accurate than manual ever is... Take it to a track and you will see the difference with the turns. Its been posted that people are able to keep up with supercars and/or even pass them because you do not loose any momentum while shifting.

I love the SST and I am glad I went with it instead of manual. What I love about a car is the versatility. EVO is already amazing with it and with the SST it even gets better. In 2010 when I got my evo there wasnt an option of getting a GSR with sunroof/full leather etc... I wanted my some what luxury so I did go with the MR Touring even though I was skeptical about "automatic" but I do not regret it at all. I love it.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

I'm really loving my car as well MR T FTW!!!!!2270 miles in three weeks and counting....
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:40 PM

i've had mine for 8 months and first 3-4 months i ended up spending so much on gas (price is higher over here and i use 100RON. one month i spent like 400 euro) that i decided to take it easy this summer even though i have tons of free time

it's def addictive and like all fun stuff in life you gotta know when to take it easy for a while. i'm gonna fall in love all over again when i finally make my first mods, i'm sure. couldn't afford any so far, as the X cost me 33k euro (brand new '09-built that the dealer reduced from 44k) and it def stretched my budget to its limits
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jossue
I'm really loving my car as well MR T FTW!!!!!2270 miles in three weeks and counting....
wow i thought i was bad...i put 4k miles in 3 months.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by stephze
Anyone have advice on how I could get over this mental turmoil, preferably without denting my bank account too much. LOL!
Yes, S-Sport and the twisties when I put my MR into S-Sport for the first time it felt like a different car (seriously) I made a post asking if S-Sport has a more aggressive map. I gave a co-worker a ride and we found the best road in cali, my tires were screaming for help and we were having a blast. Very rarely do I miss shifting, (I occationally miss my Sti though) but when I do I put it in manual mode and use the paddles to shift.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

I had this same issue
Old Aug 13, 2011, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you are enjoying the car! Still debating if I should sell mine or not.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Up the mountain road with two paddles...

Originally Posted by 2011MR_Lover
Yes, S-Sport and the twisties when I put my MR into S-Sport for the first time it felt like a different car (seriously) I made a post asking if S-Sport has a more aggressive map. I gave a co-worker a ride and we found the best road in cali, my tires were screaming for help and we were having a blast. Very rarely do I miss shifting, (I occationally miss my Sti though) but when I do I put it in manual mode and use the paddles to shift.
+1 use the paddles and place your left foot on the dead pedal and hold on. The MR is great and like many of us on the thread, we like having our wives and girlfriends able to drive the car. I'm glad my wife talked me into getting the MR vs the GSR I was going to get. Of course keeping my Viii was the real perk.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tahoe55
+1 use the paddles and place your left foot on the dead pedal and hold on. The MR is great and like many of us on the thread, we like having our wives and girlfriends able to drive the car. I'm glad my wife talked me into getting the MR vs the GSR I was going to get. Of course keeping my Viii was the real perk.
Haha, yep love the fact that my gf can drive my car now, she was complaining that she couldn't drive my gsr before haha

Plus a girl driving an evo just looks hot
Old Aug 21, 2011, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stephze
The decision to get the MR is still something I've had a hard time coming to terms with. Everytime I'm in the car I love it. The SST is wonderful and fast and I can't find too many faults with it other than being clunky at low speed. It was also very satisfying to me for my girlfriend to be able to hop in and drive too and enjoy the car. She can't drive a manual very well so never got to drive my 350z for anything outside of a parking lot.

However, I'm having SERIOUS left foot withdrawals. So bad that I haven't stopped looking at cars or thinking I might have been happier with a GSR or another car, even if my loved ones couldn't share the joy of driving it as well. Two sides tugging at me internally. All I know is when I wake up I'm still wondering if I should've gotten a manual.

I totally agree with you on this thought...I am in this crossroad right now and cannot decide which to get...i wanted my wife to be able to drive it as well in case of emergency and enjoy drving it as well.....this is really a very tough one to decide at least for me...its funny when you mention about left foot withdrawal

Quick Reply: Can't stop driving my car!