Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Can't stop driving my car!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Can't stop driving my car!

So I picked up my new MR last monday with 14 miles or so on the clock. As of midnight this morning, I crossed the 1k mile mark... Seems insane that I've driven that much. I work a second shift position, and when I get off there is nothing to do but drive or sleep. So I drive, because most of the time I'm not sleepy.

I've got a couple of rattles that have surfaced over the week and after the 600 miles "break in" I've had the occasional high RPM stutter (which I think is because the factory tune is too rich, would love to hear thoughts on it since it is a 2011 and I thought that issue was resolved). My steering wheel has shifted slightly to the right, my lower back has been a bit sore, and my wallet has been a bit lighter from filling up 5 times so far Averaging about 17.8 mpg with spirited driving most of the time.

The decision to get the MR is still something I've had a hard time coming to terms with. Everytime I'm in the car I love it. The SST is wonderful and fast and I can't find too many faults with it other than being clunky at low speed. It was also very satisfying to me for my girlfriend to be able to hop in and drive too and enjoy the car. She can't drive a manual very well so never got to drive my 350z for anything outside of a parking lot.

However, I'm having SERIOUS left foot withdrawals. So bad that I haven't stopped looking at cars or thinking I might have been happier with a GSR or another car, even if my loved ones couldn't share the joy of driving it as well. Two sides tugging at me internally. All I know is when I wake up I'm still wondering if I should've gotten a manual.

Anyone have advice on how I could get over this mental turmoil, preferably without denting my bank account too much. LOL!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:42 PM

I'm so hoping I dont have that problem of missing the manual but I fear that I will. So far I've decided on the WW MR and I'm still very hesitant about it haha

I might stick to my GSR for a while longer if Id on't decide within couple of weeks.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:54 PM

i love driving mine as well!! goodluck!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

my steering wheel was to the left i get the stutter on my 2011 too and im also addicted to driving just wait tell you get the cobb and tune it :O
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:33 AM
Account Disabled

I also love driving mine as well mate.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

dam.... crazy lol... I had a Ralliart and found the TC-SST awesome plus my wife would always drive it no problem... now I have a GSR and it's my first manual car, and I'm in love! I wouldn't trade the feeling for a TC-SST!! I could have two Evos though, one with a TC-SST and the pure manual I currently own... why? well cause I miss seeing the wife drive it... women driving Evos look so damn hot lol

I'm teaching her now hopefully she gets it soon... that way she can drive the GSR to work and I carpool with a friend to my work place, since she works much closer from home... I don't kno what to tell u man... sometimes i still miss the simplicity of the TC-SST
Old Aug 9, 2011, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

That's awsome I just got mine three weeks ago and I already put 1800 miles on it I love it. I don't have any issues like missing the manual ect. My wife still has not driven it I think she's scared still from when she drove my old evo viii....
Old Aug 9, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by jazket
sometimes i still miss the simplicity of the TC-SST
Wow. That is the most backwords thing I have ever heard. I understand what you mean, but the SST is FAR from simple.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ugakirk
Wow. That is the most backwords thing I have ever heard. I understand what you mean, but the SST is FAR from simple.
lol... its a complicated piece of hardware... but you can slap it in D and go!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

My steering wheel was off center as well and the car was pulling to the left so I brought it back to the dealer. Turns out the alignment was way off and I guess it's not uncommon for these cars to be out of whack right off the boat so they fixed it under warranty. I think these cars have a free 1200 mile adjustment warranty included with them.

Last edited by HudsonFalcon; Aug 10, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Get a foot print shaped pedal and put it where the clutch would be. This will help you get over the missing pedal and make you laugh.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:13 PM

Return it for the GSR ASAP you'll never stop missing the clutch believe me! and I cant believe it took you this long to get to 1000 miles! jk
Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Evo X is certainly fun to drive. Really hard to keep the mileage down. As much as I love the MR, I just couldn't live without a manual transmission.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:22 PM
Account Disabled

Should have gotten a stick
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:08 PM

I was so going to get a MR to dd but I can't live with under 400tq

Quick Reply: Can't stop driving my car!