Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Modding help please

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vics(evo8)
Hello, I recently bought a 2011 Evo X GSR and i needed some help on deciding what to get first for the car. I've put a budget on my self of 4k including labor and tuning. I was thinking maybe starting off with all the pipes. Turbo back Exhaust, uicp, licp, front mount and fuel pump. I really like AMS but if some one can give me some suggestions, I'm open minded to hear advice. How far can i get with my budget? and what's the best bang for the buck?

Thanks
You failed to mention what your goals are / intended usage of the car.. without knowing that no one can give you a good answer.... beyond that there are lots of similar threads about there that a few searches would pull up.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks you're right, as far as usage. well, I just want a super clean DD that will never give me problems. Of course I kno that involves the treatment, but I'm a very calm driver. I do like to do little pulls here and there, but just to enjoy my money's worth and just to keep a reminder of how the car pulls . It is why we own evos in the first place. Evo owners know what they are going for even before they go to the dealer ship. I don't want to push too much, max max 450 and that is super pushing it. Also, I'm not a drag racing type of guy. I enjoy road racing much more and that is why I choose a Evo over any other car, and that is also why I've given priority to a coilover system as appossed to a turbo kit. But again it is my daily driver so no super modding.

Thanks

Last edited by vics(evo8); Aug 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM.