Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

looking at 2011 GSR, SS package worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011MR_Lover
If the FAST key is included do it, it is one of my favorite things about my car, the only issue I have is driving someone else's car and reaching to were the key should be and grabbing nothing Everyone looks at me retarded until I tell them that I don't use a key

Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I'm with the HID + FAST key guys. the RF is nice, but that's coming out for Alpine etc... having the HID's and FAST was enough for me to spend the money.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the SS package and really like it.

I come from always installing my own sound systems for the past few cars, and while the sound doesn't have the clarity of say something that I would have done myself, I think it sounds pretty good for being "stock". With that said, I really am enjoying the satellite radio, and will keep subscribing to it. I also like the fact that everything is integrated and clean.

As for the HIDs, I think it really makes a difference.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:55 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just get the SS or what used to be called the SSS package. I'd gladly pay the extra 2K if all the package had were the HIDs and project headlight housings. Everything else is just a bonus.

- Jason
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:37 PM

I love my SS package.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:19 PM

IMO that is the best money spent for the available packages...The HIDS alone kinda bring that almost 40K car up to standard for that kinda money. Also, the fast key is actually very convenient, especially if you plan on having kids as the "in and out" is waaay easier...even just goin into the 7-11 just seems quicker and more convenient.

The stereo isn't too shabby either..its obviously not as loud as a aftermarket system but now that I'm 30 it works fine for me..I have an old competition HCCA Orion 10" that I could throw in there but losing the trunk space isnt worth it (remember I have a kid) so its really preference for you.

The only other package I got was the Aero Kit cuz I dont wanna lower it much n the aero kit will take some of the height away from your eye without touching the suspension..once again personal preference.

I felt the Sunroof/heated seats package was unecessary and just added weight and cost. I dont regret not getting that..I would regret the SS and Aero kit. 0.02
Old Aug 25, 2011, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

SS was totally worth it to me. Even for the HID's alone. OEM > aftermarket HID.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by linkbeat
SS was totally worth it to me. Even for the HID's alone. OEM > aftermarket HID.
same boat as this guy. get the SS i love mine. you can save the 2k and then every pair of hids u see youll regret it. the system is good, why pay for bs after market when u can get quality stock....
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:32 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I got the SS kit 100% for HID lights and fast key.

I'm ripping my Rockford System out monday actually. I knew I didn't want it going in, but trying to get the factory HID lights for under 2k is pretty tough. HIDs are a must on a new car imo. They also have the electronic leveling where the factory halogens don't (though I could be wrong).

The Rockford System is fine. The sound quality is great, and much better than most factory systems I've heard. However, I am a car audio nut, so that is why I'm replacing it.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by 2011MR_Lover
If the FAST key is included do it, it is one of my favorite things about my car, the only issue I have is driving someone else's car and reaching to were the key should be and grabbing nothing Everyone looks at me retarded until I tell them that I don't use a key
Yeah, I got so used to the FAST key in my GTS I ended up locking myself out of a rental car last year. When I picked up my 2011 Evo I specifically looked for the SS package cause I wanted the HIDs and FAST key. Couldn't justify the navi though, not with the USB port.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by refill
Yeah, I got so used to the FAST key in my GTS I ended up locking myself out of a rental car last year. When I picked up my 2011 Evo I specifically looked for the SS package cause I wanted the HIDs and FAST key. Couldn't justify the navi though, not with the USB port.
I wanted the navi bad, but they wouldn't budge off of the $2500 price (since it wasn't installed in the car) as cool as it is $2500 is way to much when you can get a top of the line Pioneer or Kenwood for around $1400.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
The Rockford System is fine. The sound quality is great, and much better than most factory systems I've heard. However, I am a car audio nut, so that is why I'm replacing it.
Same here, I used to compete in IASCA years ago. Can't quite decide what I'm going to do just yet. Definitely post pictures when you're done.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Gotta get this package. It's a sham that Mitsu doesn't make HID's standard on the GSR. Give us the option of an RS if we don't want HID's standard.

Fast key and big wing were the other reasons for this but I assume they stopped selling the X with that ugly shortbus wing.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:08 PM

The FAST key itself pretty much makes up for the $2k.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

on the base package.
For 2k you can basically get all the parts you need for Stage2 and a CF wing.
more money saved to performance.

base package. i dunno, but I think w/out HIDs the car can still look sick especially with the right aftermarket lip. picked this cf lip up for $250 with sales on the forums.

latest car pic

excuse the rim and tire shine, but here is another pic that shows the lip and wing

$300 carbon fiber OEM wing

closeup

Last edited by tehSteve; Aug 26, 2011 at 04:46 PM.

Quick Reply: looking at 2011 GSR, SS package worth it?