Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Best Handling Car under $40k, Car&Driver

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interesting selection of cars to compare.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mean4g63
miata's are straight up gay.
Very uncool statement. Highly inaccurate, too. A majority of Miata owners are straight. Maybe you're thinking of Subaru Legacy Outbacks.

- - -

Wait. Did you mean males? There are males with Miatae? Seriously? That's just g....
Old Sep 4, 2011, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-g...temp-fail.html

Omg you guys should check out 370z forums and see how pissed off these guys are. One guy even states that the reason the 370z came in fourth is because one of the reviewers probably got dumped by an Asian chick, which begs the question why did the evo come in first Mitsubishi is still a Japanese company. God they are in such denial. Here is a couple quotes lol.

"If you look at the final results, they are just so subjective. Having driven a GT, it's nowhere near a Z let alone better in areas such as "chassis balance".
The EVO, while fast, is still not a sports car." -Xray

"I've now read the entire article and find the Z review to at least be accurate. However, C&D isn't consistent with how they judge the good and bad qualities of the cars in the test. The Z gets hammered for the brake feel, fade, and overheating. They call it 'not fun to drive'. Then the Evo wins the test and gets a 9 for 'fun to drive'. But tucked in the review of the Evo is the fact that it understeers and the transmission overheated. How does that make the Z a dog but the Evo a champ? Inconsistent reviewing/judging at best." -Spearfish25

""There's a lot of grip from the tires, but I'm not getting feedback from the contact patches."

"The 370Z handles pretty well. It's just not a very good car."

"Brakes are working without providing any real feedback beyond smell."

They just don't like the Z. It's like they all had Japanese girlfriends that dumped them in the past. " -Spearfish25

Then this guys posts this

"All these reviewers care about is race track performance. They dont mention a word about how it takes the bumps or how comfortable the seats are or the sound system.
They get some car out on a track at 130 mph and complain about the brakes or the oil system not handling that...Who drives that way in real life? "

So he basically bought a sports car but is bringing up how great of a DD it is, how soft the suspension feels, how plushy the seats are, and how nice the speakers sound. Wow just wow LOL
Old Sep 4, 2011, 04:41 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
^

Old Sep 4, 2011, 05:07 PM

BOOM EVO's are amazing! I dont see an STI on that list.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
BOOM EVO's are amazing! I dont see an STI on that list.
This magazine confirmed that I chose the right car

And to everyone asking why they used the MR

1) Better Brakes
2) Better suspension
3) Better/lighter wheels
4) Better tranny (say what you want, it shifts faster than you do)
5) They already compared and it is faster than the GSR around a track
6) Because race car
Old Sep 5, 2011, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Very uncool statement. Highly inaccurate, too. A majority of Miata owners are straight. Maybe you're thinking of Subaru Legacy Outbacks.

- - -

Wait. Did you mean males? There are males with Miatae? Seriously? That's just g....
Did you seriously not get that? lol. U are a previous miata owner aren't ya? I knew there was going to be one somewhere on here. Ohh well.

Last edited by mean4g63; Sep 5, 2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2011MR_Lover

1) Better Brakes
2) Better suspension
3) Better/lighter wheels
6) Because race car
Slower 0-60 (GSR is faster) and they never test the GSR around the tracks in these magazines so how is it faster lol?

Not being a smart *** but do you have a link with some times around tracks for both mr and gsr?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 04:39 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011MR_Lover

1) Better Brakes
2) Better suspension
3) Better/lighter wheels
6) Because race car
Or, it's as simple as the MR being in Mitsubishi's press fleet as the car offered for testing, as typically happens with car rags.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 07:40 AM

somebody linked this thread on that 370Z forum thread lol

the **** talking is on

btw, i started the same thread on the evoxforums and it's now 14 pages long
http://www.***************/forums/sh...=53237&page=14
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by formerRX8owner
Is there any difference in the way the GSR handles vs the MR trim level? I know that the GSR is quicker 0-60.
For model year 2008, the GSR was faster to 60.
For model year 2010+, the MR is faster to 60.

I've seen different test results, but I believe the GSR has sliiiiightly higher levels of grip.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by EvilRob
http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-g...temp-fail.html

Omg you guys should check out 370z forums and see how pissed off these guys are. One guy even states that the reason the 370z came in fourth is because one of the reviewers probably got dumped by an Asian chick, which begs the question why did the evo come in first Mitsubishi is still a Japanese company. God they are in such denial. Here is a couple quotes lol.

"If you look at the final results, they are just so subjective. Having driven a GT, it's nowhere near a Z let alone better in areas such as "chassis balance".
The EVO, while fast, is still not a sports car." -Xray

"I've now read the entire article and find the Z review to at least be accurate. However, C&D isn't consistent with how they judge the good and bad qualities of the cars in the test. The Z gets hammered for the brake feel, fade, and overheating. They call it 'not fun to drive'. Then the Evo wins the test and gets a 9 for 'fun to drive'. But tucked in the review of the Evo is the fact that it understeers and the transmission overheated. How does that make the Z a dog but the Evo a champ? Inconsistent reviewing/judging at best." -Spearfish25

""There's a lot of grip from the tires, but I'm not getting feedback from the contact patches."

"The 370Z handles pretty well. It's just not a very good car."

"Brakes are working without providing any real feedback beyond smell."

They just don't like the Z. It's like they all had Japanese girlfriends that dumped them in the past. " -Spearfish25

Then this guys posts this

"All these reviewers care about is race track performance. They dont mention a word about how it takes the bumps or how comfortable the seats are or the sound system.
They get some car out on a track at 130 mph and complain about the brakes or the oil system not handling that...Who drives that way in real life? "

So he basically bought a sports car but is bringing up how great of a DD it is, how soft the suspension feels, how plushy the seats are, and how nice the speakers sound. Wow just wow LOL
lol this is too funny , however, if the evo came in 4th I'm sure we'd be pissed too. buuuuuut it didn't so
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:18 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

I'd just read the thread on the Z forum. Most of the folks are pretty reasonable, regardless of what was taken out of context and reposted here. They seem to care less about us, and why should they? They like the cars they have. Nothing wrong with that.

BTW, the Evo is not a sports car. It's a sedan. The Z is a sports car, as is the Miata.

Last edited by FJF; Sep 5, 2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:19 AM

Dont worry about the EVO guys. There mad because of what they see when they open the door and sit in.
^ Exactly.... they see they're Lancer aka K-mart brand interior and get all tied up in a knot. LOL. If I'm gonna spend all mytime driving mycar while sitting on the INSIDE, I'd rather spend it in quality space.
ooooooh
Old Sep 5, 2011, 08:24 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marios23
ooooooh
Are you just trying to start some cross-forum crap? How about we quote all the ridiculous stuff posted here and then isolate it as a shining example of the EvoM? WTF

Quick Reply: Best Handling Car under $40k, Car&Driver