Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Best Handling Car under $40k, Car&Driver

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snakes709
Its an easy fix but he fact you have to do it to be able to race is bs. I personally didnt have either upgrades, only thig i had on my z was stillen cai's. Pissed me off that the car couldnt handle a small track, which is one of the reasons i traded it in.
SERIOUSLY?? Your upset that you paid 35K or less for a car and cant beat the crap out of it on the track? Please tell me I totally read that wrong.

99% of all CARS, PERIOD, are built for the ROAD.. not a track.

I guess I should go buy a $6995.00 dollar KIA and if it cant kick the crap outa a vette ZR 1 on the TRACK.. well, I should sue!!!

Please, please, please just a little perspective..
Old Sep 7, 2011, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Supraboy1
SERIOUSLY?? Your upset that you paid 35K or less for a car and cant beat the crap out of it on the track? Please tell me I totally read that wrong.

99% of all CARS, PERIOD, are built for the ROAD.. not a track.

I guess I should go buy a $6995.00 dollar KIA and if it cant kick the crap outa a vette ZR 1 on the TRACK.. well, I should sue!!!

Please, please, please just a little perspective..
When you buy a sports car that is suppose to be track readynfrom factory and cant handle a decent pase on a 1.5mile track. Then its bull****. Im not saying it should be able to get the best times or anything but have issues on a small track is bs. I see stock honda civics run faster lap times then the z and not have any issues.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh, my. Now we're going to argue about how cars should be set up for sale to the Great Unwashed? Please, don't. Nissan knows how to sell cars better than any of us. I'm sure that the reason is something like "we'll get fewer complaints using crappy low-dust pads than we will get using quality high-dust pads" and that's why they did what they did. That Mitsu, for example, made the exact opposite decision (assuming I have the decision issue correct) says a lot. Nissans sell a lot better than Mitsus.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by FJF
There's no reason why you shouldn't be happy with your Z. You bought the car you liked and that's that. Please don't misunderstand our comments. We're mentioning the brakes and the oil cooler, because neither is really a big deal and not something to complain about. Brake pads are a wear and tear part and it's not like the aftermarket doesn't offer a comprehensive selection, and spending ~$500 on an oil cooler is not the end of the world, either.

Folks here merely bought the cars. It's the engineers/staff at Mitsubishi who can be congratulated.
Oh trust me, I haven't taken offense to anything said. All the issues the 370Z has I knew before hand and was ok with it. But it would be nice if the Nissan oil cooler you can purchase for it would be covered under the powertrain warranty if installed by the dealer since it is sold by Nissan.

Last edited by JonU; Sep 7, 2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:07 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JonU
But it would be nice if the Nissan oil cooler you can purchase for it would be covered under the powertrain warranty if installed by the dealer since it is sold by Nissan.
...makes sense.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:33 PM

I always hated on the miata until a buddy of mine recently purchased one , dont get me wrong the car looks like it was spit out but the thing really grabs it feels like your really on the road if that makes sense and to all those ppl who are saying the miata shouldn't be on the list you really gotta take a drive in one. The only thing i really disagree with is some of the other cars I would have liked it better if they compared cars under 40,000 that were of one or two classes (awd sedans) rwd coupes so on..Don't get me wrong when you get outta your Evo and hop in the miata it feels like Fred flinstone is powering the car with his feet lol but again this is a handling comparison
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by RrEvoX010
Don't get me wrong when you get outta your Evo and hop in the miata it feels like Fred flinstone is powering the car with his feet lol but again this is a handling comparison
the fred flintstone part made me rofl.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:29 PM

liked it so much i made it my sig