Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Mods to stay even with GTR?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basically, you could be close or match its performance up to 4th gear, but no matter what is done to the car the 2012 GTR will most likely beat you in the end, as far throwing some corners in there, like a track or curvy road, then theres a real chance of outperforming one because a lot of that transfers to the drivers skill instead of performance, believe me, last time i went to the track there was a guy with a GTR understeering and almost losing traction on turns and getting ****ty times and was beat by many other cars that should not have.

As for the transmission, that is definately an advantage, but I personally dont care because id want a manual tranny if i had a GTR, too bad there isnt one : /
Old Sep 5, 2011, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

I watched video with Buschur Evo X, but I'm not interested in drag racing. I know for what evos are made for. I participate in auto-x competition and in winter sprints. Tuned stock turbo is perfect for auto-x and for fast city driving. I just need it to be faster on higher speeds. Evo X with GTR's acceleration and with good low end torque would be a perfect car for me. Summer, winter, city, auto-x, do it all car. Cheap to insure, cheap to service, well known and serviceable manual transmission...
And do not even talk about corvettes )) I live in Russia, there are no official corvettes sold here. And I need only AWD car. RWD is useless in winter.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:10 AM

I got build 2.3 stroker with hta35r, kelford cams and lot more I made 610 on pump gas, I think that's enough power to keep up with gtr or to pass one. Stock or mild build. If am not mistaken. Correct me if am wrong guys. Thank u
Forgot to mention I don't ha evo x, I got evo 9
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

going from a 3794 evo ix to a GTR ..
First if you switch the VDC off warranty is not voided .. not if you break first gear and VDC is off they will not replace..
Btw a new trans is $13,000 not 20k ..

bone stock i went 11.7 @119 in my gtr no launch control .. All in R-R-R mode like 2000rpm launch . 1.9 60'

I will say i have been have had the evo ix and been in a evo x .. nothing compares to the GTR very different feeling . If you want and can afford a GTR just get the GTR and be done with it .
By the time i had my evo where i want it , i had way to much money involved with it . Clutches, turbos were breaking. At the end of the day i should have started with the GTR .. I will say the evo was fun though .
Old Sep 6, 2011, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by E.V.O
I got build 2.3 stroker with hta35r, kelford cams and lot more I made 610 on pump gas, I think that's enough power to keep up with gtr or to pass one. Stock or mild build. If am not mistaken. Correct me if am wrong guys. Thank u
Forgot to mention I don't ha evo x, I got evo 9
Can I see that DYNO chart please?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 04:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Highboost26
At the end of the day i should have started with the GTR .. I will say the evo was fun though .
Agreed. While I love my EVO. I have spent over 20K in the past year on it. That combined with the purchase price I could/should have just bought a GTR. Of course, I would have been pissed off if I got a 2010 then see how much better the 2012 is.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

im not upset about not getting a 2012 , my budget doesn't allow that 98k sticker .. I got a killer deal on my 2009 .. with mid pipe , drop in filters and a tune .. it isn't uncommon to see them go 10.9's ..
but it really is more than just a drag car .. Its is very comfortable with the speed ..
Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Highboost26
98k sticker
You cant fairly price the Black edition... you get really nothing for it. The sticker price of the regular GTR is 90K, and dealers are discounting them. You can get one for 82, 83 brand new.

Awesome you got a used one for a hot deal They dropped a lot when the 2012's came out.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I have a video from Hungarian btorthers racing on street, that is why I can't post the humaliation of the 500+ whp evo6 vs of two GT-R...
You need a sh*t load of money to put in the evo just to keep. Around 130mph, then you need another sh*t load of money to still keep up with them. Then you your reilabilty as a DD is out of the window . Not to mention you raising maintanace fee if you wan to do it properly.

Sum it up , get a GT-R instead to try to be a hero. It is possible but a long run the GT-R is cheaper.

Rob

Both car has they own kingdom and they don't like to cross each other. Where is the evo a king the GT-R is loose. And that is rarly a street...
Old Sep 6, 2011, 07:03 AM

Save your time and money, why spend thousands on a evo to beet a stock gtr?
instead get a gtr to beet faster cars, bigger leagues . like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7V1e0N9ask

I will be picking up my 2012 r35 in january - February hopefully. having the 2 most dominating cars in the street will be a good feeling .

Here is another video for exactly what you want. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdpBv...eature=related

Last edited by vics(evo8); Sep 6, 2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Your going to need at least 550awhp to break free.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Not saying it isnt possible .. I know my evo ix on the 6765 or the 3794 i had @52psi e-85 walks my stock GTR .. but very different beast ..
But im sure the GTR with same upgrades say ams turbos , injectors , tune on e-85 (stock bottom end) ..its going to be a tuff cookie ..
I wouldnt compare the 2

Sharkbite are you on nagtroc ? any mods done to your GTR ?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I see more problem with a gearing in the Evo then power. But again if you change the gearing ythen you loose the "Evo" if you know wht I mean.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah you'll need 500+whp to beat on a closed airstrip from 60-160, but then like we all agreed 5th gear is a killer for the Evo.

I have no doubt a low 400whp X would keep right with a GTR in a roll to 100-120 or so, and just as fast in the 1/4 mile, but I know thats not what the OP is looking for. 120mph trap speed is fast, but not unbeatable. Trap speed is a good indicator of how a car will do from a roll. The GTR will most likely always win top end, though.

THE VERDICT: No you will not be able to beat a GTR in a roll race and still keep your Evo X as a reliable, non- laggy, tame daily driver.

Last edited by HAHAV8; Sep 6, 2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

I'd call my car reliable, not overly laggy.
DD... depends on if you can stand the fuel pump whine and the exhaust.

But, a stock gtr wouldn't hold a candle to me. Modded, of course they'll be quicker, and once I get to 5th around 140, I'm done b/c our 5th is awful. But, a 2012 stock gtr is very much slower than my car.

Kinda doesn't count though b/c of how much I'm in to my car, I should have just bought a gtr from the start.

Quick Reply: Mods to stay even with GTR?