Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Leather seats? Good/bad??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Leather seats? Good/bad??

Really like the leather seats for the 2011s.. Any1 like em/dislike em?? Anything need to worry bout?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I personally really like the 2010+ X's leather quality.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before I got my car they had one with SL, and I really liked the leather but to me it wasn't worth the extra 2k.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
I think the leather on the Xs is much better quality then on the 8/9 SSL package. On the 8/9 Recaros, you slide all over the place. I drove a X with full leather and its awesome. No sliding around. Could be the way the front seats are designed on the X as opposed to the CT9As.

I'd love to slap some X Recaros in my 8. The Base X MR Leather/Suedes are also super nice too

As far as what to worry about...? Leather was fairly durable on the 8/9 Recaros. As long as you clean them and treat them with leather care products, they will go a long way.

Last edited by Astro_Train; Sep 13, 2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:43 AM

I love my leather seats in my 2011 evo x. Makes the interior look so much better & you get the sunroof with that option. Def well worth the extra $$
Old Sep 13, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

they get hot as hell in the summer, and nice surprise in the winter... just sayin.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by dyss.
they get hot as hell in the summer, and nice surprise in the winter... Just sayin.
+1
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:25 AM
Sev
Evolved Member

Cold in the winter, hot in the summer. I like the cotton or whatever ones. Nice and warm in the winter.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:34 AM
T6
Evolving Member

But on winter its no biggie as you click this magical button and heats up your ***!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

I decided to save my 2k, and get a custom leather job done in the future for half the price.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Some of us have heated cloth seats

I don't think you can go wrong either way. Leather is easier to clean, but is more likely to show wear/cracks. Cloth seats have minimum maintenance, but one spilled drink can last a life time.

You can't go wrong either way, the Evo has one of the best stock factory seats, leather or cloth.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Worried bout the craking and fading..
Old Sep 13, 2011, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

I have leather and i am very hapy i got it. I was set on a cloth gsr, but when my whife sow the leather interior she made a very convincing argument, and i quikly agreed :-). Compared, the 2 interiors, side by side, made a night and day difference. The leather looks so much upscale and better quality that it changes the whole car. It is worth the extra cash in my opinion, and obviously my whifes. The cloth looks cheap , comared to it. The sunroof is just an aded bonus. Didn't really want it, or cared for it, but now that i have it, i actually enjoiy it. It's cooler outside now and i use it frequently.
The seats do get a bit hot in the sun, but the perforatd leather helps a lot so u done really sweat in it. The heat function will be great for the winter. It's also a lo easier to clean them. Just whipe with a moist cloth. We have a 2 year old that enjoys trashing every car we've had, and for that alone, leather is a great upgrade. Milk, juice, yogurt, they all tend to stain, but with leather u just whipe it off. We don't make a habit of feeding my baby girl in the car, but on longer drives, one of us stays in the back with the baby , and that also makes cleaning fresh spells a lot easier.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gottorq
I love my leather seats in my 2011 evo x. Makes the interior look so much better & you get the sunroof with that option. Def well worth the extra $$

Originally Posted by cla2000
I have leather and i am very hapy i got it. I was set on a cloth gsr, but when my whife sow the leather interior she made a very convincing argument, and i quikly agreed :-). Compared, the 2 interiors, side by side, made a night and day difference. The leather looks so much upscale and better quality that it changes the whole car. It is worth the extra cash in my opinion, and obviously my whifes. The cloth looks cheap , comared to it. The sunroof is just an aded bonus. Didn't really want it, or cared for it, but now that i have it, i actually enjoiy it. It's cooler outside now and i use it frequently.
The seats do get a bit hot in the sun, but the perforatd leather helps a lot so u done really sweat in it. The heat function will be great for the winter. It's also a lo easier to clean them. Just whipe with a moist cloth.
Yeah I love mine. DEFINITELY worth the money. They look sharp, hold you well in place, heat up quickly.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Hmm would b nice in the winter.. How hot r they n the summer??

Quick Reply: Leather seats? Good/bad??