Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

jut bought an x, and need help!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
7 days and the clutch goes out,,, your dam right they would be replacing it if it was me.
you just need to play the game and take it to the right people in comand, GM, even up the latter to mitsu corp,,, but with that being said we all know how poor are Mitsu's warranty process, specially on an evo.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer would be replacing that for me for free also, or i'd raise hell..
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:19 AM

If the dealership says "NO". Then contact Mitsubishi National (USA) customer service. The Number should be in the manual. If they say "NO". Then you contact you Attourney General Office and described your problem. They will help you out. They will assign you a case number and you will have to fill out a form of the problem. If there is a lemon law for used cars in your state, watch how fast the dealer will fix your car for free. If you want out of the car all together I would claim Lemon law. Don't mess around. Time is not on your side. Be aggressive!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:41 PM

Thanks for all of your input guys! basically what has been happening is I hassled them down to 800$ without a flywheel, and I just took the deal. the flywheel was fine and its reusable so thats that. I told them I was never going to come back to them agian, and I contacted Mitsubishi and reported them. I even tried to get it covered under warranty somehow but Mitsubishi was told by the shop that It was my fault and they haven't even taken it apart yet. So they are replacing it and I should have my evo x back on wed, so I just took the 800$ bill like a man and told them they lost a customer, It just put to much stress in my life to worry so I just paid, so they basically screwed a nice college kid out of 800$ but their karma will hit them pretty hard. But off topic, anyone know of a nice shop I can take my x to around the central Florida area? I just can't wait to get my X back It's honestly like a cocaine addiction!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Smike
Tough. Perhaps that car was not the best choice for a 19 year old college student with not enough money to realistically afford that kind of car. Pay to play.

Being dumb with money is just dumb.
I phrased that wrong, I'm not a broke college student, I do know how to manage my money, Im just a college student with a nice job that I could just use as my career because I got lucky. I'm so lucky I have an evo x and I pay for it all and mommy and daddy don't like some. But I probably should of just got a Toyota Camry probably haha but who cares, evo x's are amazingggg.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

give the stealership HELL and don't take no for an answer, you havent had it but a week, I would raise hell and I stalled my car numerous times after swapping clutches so ignore ignorant people. Good luck man
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:16 PM

Oh wow that sucks.... I'm about to get a used Evo but from a private sales party >< hope it doesn't happen to my car