Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EvoX Air Selection Switch

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EvoX Air Selection Switch

I press the button and it does nothing. It's supposed to light up and start recirculating the air. It was like 50 degrees this morning and I had some frost. Cranked it up to 85 degrees for 5 minutes to warmup and proceeded to push the button again for recirculation. Still no light. Anyone else having this issue? Is it a bad cabin filter @ 7k miles already? Thoughts?

I know the recirculation button isn't supposed to light up with the AC (star setting) pushed in with the options chosen on windshield & feet+windshield.... but.... what about using heat?

Last edited by tehSteve; Oct 4, 2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tehSteve
I press the button and it does nothing. It's supposed to light up and start recirculating the air. It was like 50 degrees this morning and I had some frost. Cranked it up to 85 degrees for 5 minutes to warmup and proceeded to push the button again for recirculation. Still no light. Anyone else having this issue? Is it a bad cabin filter @ 7k miles already? Thoughts?

I know the recirculation button isn't supposed to light up with the AC (star setting) pushed in with the options chosen on windshield & feet+windshield.... but.... what about using heat?
It will not recirculate at ALL if its set to defrost the windshield....
Old Oct 5, 2011, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

looks like my flux capacitor is broken
Old Oct 5, 2011, 05:34 AM
Account Disabled

In calgary it's fairly cool already ... and in my 2011 mr the heat doesn't come on untill a little blue line comes on the engine temp dial... maybe thats the same as yours? car has to warm up a little before it turns the heat on..
Old Oct 5, 2011, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by bowrepublik
In calgary it's fairly cool already ... and in my 2011 mr the heat doesn't come on untill a little blue line comes on the engine temp dial... maybe thats the same as yours? car has to warm up a little before it turns the heat on..
EVERY car does that. There is no way it is going to have hot air if nothing is hot. The car has to get warm..

Anyway, the air will not recirculate at all if the air is set to blow on on windshield.. It is impossible. To recirculate, the air gets sucked in by the windshield and blows out the vents, floor, etc. It can't recirculate while, at the same time, it is blowing on the windshield.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sometimes i have to turn the dial then push the button and reset it to what i want
Old Oct 5, 2011, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
You can't recirculate air with the defrost position selected, that would defeat the point.

This is discussed in the owner's manual.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 08:26 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Even with both dials set to "auto", cranking the temp to max will turn off the recirc light, and it can't be re-enabled until you drop the temp a few degrees.

Likewise, turning the temp to its lowest setting will kick on the AC light, which can't be turned off until you raise the temp a few degrees.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

It's explained in the owner's manual. I remember reading there is some way to program your settings by holding one of the buttons but I've never tried it

I just know if the temperature knob is all the way at the minimum you don't have much control over anything besides fan speed. You have to turn it up one click if you want to manually turn the ac compressor on/off or change between recirclulate and fresh air.