Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

WHP numbers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHP numbers

I haven't gotten a dyno tune yet, and for the life of me can't figure out the AP virtual dyno. So I just want to know the ballpark figure on how much power I'm putting on the ground.

Mods:
Aem intake
Uicp
TBE, o2 housing test pipe and dual exhaust.
Flashed to stage 2 from AP.

That's the power mods I have on the car.

Or if anyone can chime in how to use the virtual dyno on AP, step by step.

My ball park figure on the mods that I have is around 270whp...am I on the right ball park?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
at least
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:45 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Id say 280/290ish, not above 300 without an FMIC though.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

search through the dyno tuning threads and find someones setup around yours to find your ballpark
Old Oct 6, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jdmEviL8
search through the dyno tuning threads and find someones setup around yours to find your ballpark
I did, and some simlar set ups put down 300whp on dyno...but coz it's tuned.

I have 2010 evo x gsr.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Panda_stunter
I haven't gotten a dyno tune yet, and for the life of me can't figure out the AP virtual dyno. So I just want to know the ballpark figure on how much power I'm putting on the ground.

Mods:
Aem intake
Uicp
TBE, o2 housing test pipe and dual exhaust.
Flashed to stage 2 from AP.

That's the power mods I have on the car.

Or if anyone can chime in how to use the virtual dyno on AP, step by step.

My ball park figure on the mods that I have is around 270whp...am I on the right ball park?
Your estimation seems low to me. Unless, 2010 model is way more underpowered than 2011.
2011 comes stock from the factory with 260whp/281wtq. Cobb stage 1 puts it at 290whp/301wtq according to the dyno graffs in here
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/co...-evo-x-50.html
Whith ur mods u should be over 300whp.
I am just a noob but if your car with your mods does not get at list 300 whp, than we pay way to much monney for every horse we add through the bolt on mods on our slow ****y cars.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cla2000
Your estimation seems low to me. Unless, 2010 model is way more underpowered than 2011.
2011 comes stock from the factory with 260whp/281wtq. Cobb stage 1 puts it at 290whp/301wtq according to the dyno graffs in here
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/co...-evo-x-50.html
Whith ur mods u should be over 300whp.
I am just a noob but if your car with your mods does not get at list 300 whp, than we pay way to much monney for every horse we add through the bolt on mods on our slow ****y cars.
Well, I'm being modest with my ball park figures. But if I'm going with average percentage of gained hp for every part that I have put, with an average posted baseline of the 2010 evo x gsr model, I'm putting my ballpark figure at 338whp.

Reason being, untuned theoretical gains:
aem cai: 8% gain
TBE: 18% gain
Cobb stage 2 flash: 12% gain

Average posted baseline for 2010 gsr is 245whp. With a theoretical 38% gain, that would equal to around 338.1whp. But then again, that's theoretical, and we don't live in a perfect world. What my real ballpark figure is 295whp, 270whp was just a modest ballpark just so I don't get flamed

Coz if I'm really putting down 338.1whp, I'm done modding! Coz my goal for this car is around 350whp. with a real dyno tune, those mods would surely put the car over 350whp....but that's in a perfect world.

Uicp and licp, for me, isn't really a power mod, but an engine stability mod. The hard pipes doesn't compress or expand. To me that just means, there are no erratic boost or boost spikes regardless of ambient temp due to expanding of stock ic pipes. Most people are seeing gains from upgrading the ic pipes, uicp and licp, coz the air flow is much more stable. The way I see it, those horses gained are there in the engine in the first place, it was just getting snagged and hidden on the stock expanding intercooler piping.

Last edited by Panda_stunter; Oct 6, 2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:20 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Dont "trust" generic numbers. Hit the dyno and see what you actually put down. There is a difference between off the shelf and protune maps. Off the shelf ones give you generic power which can be between 15% to 25% (insert numbers here) while the protune gives you the perfect amount for your car and environmental status.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by T6
Dont "trust" generic numbers. Hit the dyno and see what you actually put down. There is a difference between off the shelf and protune maps. Off the shelf ones give you generic power which can be between 15% to 25% (insert numbers here) while the protune gives you the perfect amount for your car and environmental status.
Yes, I'm planning to do that coz I'm sure the OTS maps still run rich to compensate for every car that is running it. I'm sure Cobb don't want to get sued for blown up engines coz of the use of their OTS maps.

I'll be tuned by insanespeed, which is local to me, and add their map to my AP. I like the AP coz it's convenient to switch maps at anytime. Valet mode is a perk if u valet ur car and don't want the guy to play with ur investment.

But I'll do the pro tune once I get all my power mods in place....cams, valves, springs, fuel pump, ebc, fmic, etc. No point right now since the mods I have can and still under what the OTS maps can compensate for.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:00 AM
T6
Evolving Member

Yes, I'm planning to do that coz I'm sure the OTS maps still run rich to compensate for every car that is running it. I'm sure Cobb don't want to get sued for blown up engines coz of the use of their OTS maps.

I'll be tuned by insanespeed, which is local to me, and add their map to my AP. I like the AP coz it's convenient to switch maps at anytime. Valet mode is a perk if u valet ur car and don't want the guy to play with ur investment.

But I'll do the pro tune once I get all my power mods in place....cams, valves, springs, fuel pump, ebc, fmic, etc. No point right now since the mods I have can and still under what the OTS maps can compensate for.

+1, you got it all set then man. Make sure your OTS map supports your CAI though, my protune is a piggy bag off stage 2 as I have AEM intake and there wasnt an OTS map for it. I am going to get retuned probably next month as I will add eibach pro kit, grimmspeed 3port and a LICP. Just wanna get returned for the 3 port so I can use the grimmspeed for its worth lol.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by T6
+1, you got it all set then man. Make sure your OTS map supports your CAI though, my protune is a piggy bag off stage 2 as I have AEM intake and there wasnt an OTS map for it. I am going to get retuned probably next month as I will add eibach pro kit, grimmspeed 3port and a LICP. Just wanna get returned for the 3 port so I can use the grimmspeed for its worth lol.
Yeah, I bought the aem cai with the AP in mind.I'm gonna buy the grim speed 3port as well, and when I do, that's then I go get a pro tune. Would love to see exact numbers coming from the dyno.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:44 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Yeah, I bought the aem cai with the AP in mind.I'm gonna buy the grim speed 3port as well, and when I do, that's then I go get a pro tune. Would love to see exact numbers coming from the dyno.
You will Numbers might not seem that high but trust me, once you sit in that drivers seat things will change I ordered my 3 port about an hour ago lol. Slowly finishing up my stage 3 and I should break 400 and I will be set then GTR time
Old Oct 7, 2011, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Here is mine with similar mods.

2010 GSR
OTS Stg2 map
UICP
3.5" Intercooler
Cobb turbo inlet
Drop in filter
stock down pipe
test pipe
cat back

Old Oct 7, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by justin81
Here is mine with similar mods.

2010 GSR
OTS Stg2 map
UICP
3.5" Intercooler
Cobb turbo inlet
Drop in filter
stock down pipe
test pipe
cat back

Our only difference is the intercooler which gives average whp of 20. So coming off from ur dyno graph, I'm pushing +/- 295whp! Sweet! My realistic ballpark figure of 295whp was correct!

only thing I want is about 350whp that plateaus and don't dip after peak hp is reached.

Last edited by Panda_stunter; Oct 7, 2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

You could probably do 350 with e85

Quick Reply: WHP numbers