Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Picking up 2010 EVO on SAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MODS??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAMFevo
Upper intercooler piping/lower intercooler piping. Also, if you're going to run a filter, maybe try Perrins foam filter. I have it. Sounds good too. Good luck with the car tho, have fun!

Thanks my man! I will definately look into that filter. I have a 08 cbr1000rr and I have a pipercross foam filter that works awesome! Up until a year ago the only thing i ever had foam filters on were dirtbikes and under the foam was still paper but my pipercxross filter works awesome and I would definately try one for the Evo!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by #1 cbr
As long as i dont have to work I will definately come!!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:21 PM

Any one would have been a good choice I have had an 8 and a x and loved the, both but went back to an 8
Old Oct 26, 2011, 06:38 PM

Give the guys at Cobb a call or look at their web page.
When I went by and spoke to them they gave me the following advice.
Which was to do a modified Stage 2 package it included their tuner, down pipe and free flowing cat. They advised the normal MR had between 230 to 240 whp and with the modified stage 2 the car would put out 280 to 300 whp based upon their previous history with the X.

I advised I was happy with the current sound level and did not want to make the car any louder and they indicated the cat back exhaust was good for about 5 to 10 hp. The cost of the cat back exhaust it costs more than my entire modified stage 2.

The modified Stage 2 I'm thinking about is 1,300.00 installed. Not bad for 60 to 80 additional HP
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by tjtucker
Give the guys at Cobb a call or look at their web page.
When I went by and spoke to them they gave me the following advice.
Which was to do a modified Stage 2 package it included their tuner, down pipe and free flowing cat. They advised the normal MR had between 230 to 240 whp and with the modified stage 2 the car would put out 280 to 300 whp based upon their previous history with the X.

I advised I was happy with the current sound level and did not want to make the car any louder and they indicated the cat back exhaust was good for about 5 to 10 hp. The cost of the cat back exhaust it costs more than my entire modified stage 2.

The modified Stage 2 I'm thinking about is 1,300.00 installed. Not bad for 60 to 80 additional HP

Ya wow thats impressive..You gotta assume 60hp though because 80 just from those things is pushing it...20hp from the cat, 20hp from the tune and 20hp from the downpipe seem like really optimistic numbers...But again im not an evo pro yet so this car may respond extremely well to aftermarket parts!!?? I would think with freeing up the exhaust you would also want to minimize resistance on the intake side also..It seems like that setup you mentioned just focuses on the exhaust and getting rid of the gasses..Normally the best gains are seen when both the intake AND exhaust is done together...But again, im just talking generalities. I, however, would probably run into warranty problems if i did that full setup so I am going to have to wait till my 2 years is up on my powertrain before i go that deep! I am going to take your advice though and call Cobb and see what they think about just their access port coupled with one of those perrin foam filters...Ive heard its good to get a basic tune with filter changes and almost necessary with full intake modifications...Im not sure if i want to go full intake though...probably just the filter....for now
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:15 PM

They told me the exhaust (cat is really restrictive) and if you go with a cold air intake then you really need a custom tune. I'm like you I can't determine if I want to do the mods and possibly bugger up the warranty. There is a local dealer who does their stage 1 & stage 2 on cars and maintain the warranty. I might pay a premiun and have the dealer do the install to be safe.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

3days
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by EVO X 6950
3days

Is this my countdown? The anticipation is driving me nuts!!!! Im goin to work right now and couldnt stop thinking evo thoughts so i decided to post real quick!!!!!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

Just put on a 3 port boost solenoid and get it pro tuned.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by gkania
Just put on a 3 port boost solenoid and get it pro tuned.

you dont think messing with the boost level is going to void the warranty???? Are you crazy??? If i wasnt worried about warranty I would go buy a whole new turbo kit!!!! But that is not feasible for the next couple years...I need advice on warranty SAFE mods that can either be safely removed with no after effects or allowed by the dealership...
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

warranty safe. I'm sure every dealer will have their own opinion but:

cat-back exhaust
some reputable brand intake
UICP, LICP
Suspension ( but don't over do lowering it )
Wheels
body kits and carbonfiber replacement pieces

Things you bet most dealerships will look at your car and be hesitant to take care of you:
FMIC
DP
exhaust manifold
High-Flow Cat

And things that will likely not fly at all
3-port or MBC
Tune
Test-pipe
swapped turbo
meth kit or N2O

Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by TheBlade

cat-back exhaust
UICP, LICP
Wheels

Things you bet most dealerships will look at your car and be hesitant to take care of you:
FMIC
DP
exhaust manifold
High-Flow Cat

3-port or MBC
Tune
Test-pipe
swapped turbo
meth kit or N2O

Now that is exactly what ive been looking for and it seems like legitimate information!!!! Quick question though...So you think if i get a filter or intake and get the Cobb accessport that the AP tune will void my warranty?? What if i just take it off and uninstall it before bringing it in? Would they be able to tell that i had it on the car? Thanks for the info man...thats what ive been waiting for!! Im not really into the crazy body kits but i would like to get some lightweight rims when i get some extra cash down the road but for now i really just want to get a mild tune and filter or intake...and possibly in the spring a cat back and UICP/LICP. what is FMIC? Also is there anyway suspension upgrade for lowering that is easy to switch back and forth from because i need the car at normal height during the winter but i wouldnt mind it being an inch or two lower during the spring and summer....Thanks again for your help man!!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by TheBlade

cat-back exhaust
UICP, LICP
Wheels

FMIC
DP
exhaust manifold
High-Flow Cat

3-port or MBC
Tune
Test-pipe
swapped turbo
meth kit or N2O

what did u do with your car? if you dont mind me asking...Also what do you have planned for the future? Ive heard good things about the perrin filter and Cobb AP and both of those things seem like the best option for me at the moment..Im not looking for 100+hp but an extra 20-40hp and better MPG would be nice!!!! Do you think that is possible with those two mods?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by EVO X 6950

Bad news man...I live like 6 hous away so unless i have off the nest day also I dont think im gonna make the drive..If i could stay overnight somewhere i would probably do it but if i would have to leave the same day its not really worth it..ya know? Im gonna check tomorrow..forgot today!!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by #1 cbr
what is FMIC?
front mount inter cooler

Quick Reply: Picking up 2010 EVO on SAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MODS??