Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Picking up 2010 EVO on SAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MODS??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picking up 2010 EVO on SAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MODS??

I was on here about a month ago and was convinced to go with the evo instead of the ralliart and am happy i did. I then contemplated the gsr or MR and ended up sticking with the GSR due to my love for stick shift...I am trading in my crappy mustang GT for a beautiful 2010 evo on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!! Man am i pumped!!!!!!!

I am still under warranty so I dont want to do anything that cant easily go back to stock or leave a trail for the Mitsu tech to find...So...I am thinking of going with the COBB access port for the tune and either a HKS air filter, Cobb filter, KN, etc...Which one is the best? What else would you recommend?

I will be posting pics of the car on Saturday once i get it home!!! It is my favorite color, graphite grey pearl...It is bone stock and only has 6K miles!!!! Just put a downpayment of $500 yesterday...I cant wait!! I am new to these cars and appreciate any info and help!! I have owned a 1991 nissan 300zx turbo and have been driving a 2003 Mustang GT for the past 2 years and cant wait for it to be GONE!!!! I am not a big drag racing guy and enjoy real racing with turns much more but that doesnt mean that if some cocky little ***** pulls up next to me I wont try to gut him I have a conscience now though and feel like im getting too old for that stuff so it will be far and few between that i do stoplight runs..I am more into hitting the roundabouts and just doing spirited driving
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats man! Can't wait to see her
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

congrats dude!!! i wish i could get mine already... but less than 90 days for me!! woooo cant wait to see her!
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats one of the best cars ever
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:27 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats man. Check with your local stealership, they may be completely cool with you doing a catback and maybe UICP/LICP? Pics when you get it please.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

So you have a problem attending this
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...y-nov-6th.html
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats I am waiting to find the right one and trade in my ralliart! I bet your going to love it!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

make sure the relays are the updated ones (blue) and that the t-case is not overfilled since there have been issues with some of the 2010s before modding it. you can usually get away with a drop in and catback for warranty but you may want to check with the dealer to see how lenient they are. other than that its a great car and congrats
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:20 AM

HI

I'm almost in the same boat. I traded my 2008 Saleen for a new 2010 MR.
My MR has 3300 miles on it and makes my Saleen feel like I was driving a huge car.
I'm not sure about mods but might go with a Cobb Stage 2 but the EVO currently is as fast as my supercharged Saleen with me driving both cars.
I almost didn't buy the EVO because of seats & reported gas mileage but I'm happy I did as I have run several tanks of gas throught the car and I'm avg 20 to 23 miles per gallon which is not to bad.

TJ
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by tjtucker
HI

I'm almost in the same boat. I traded my 2008 Saleen for a new 2010 MR.
My MR has 3300 miles on it and makes my Saleen feel like I was driving a huge car.
I'm not sure about mods but might go with a Cobb Stage 2 but the EVO currently is as fast as my supercharged Saleen with me driving both cars.
I almost didn't buy the EVO because of seats & reported gas mileage but I'm happy I did as I have run several tanks of gas throught the car and I'm avg 20 to 23 miles per gallon which is not to bad.

TJ

ya after having a mustang with a v8 in it i dont think anything over 16mpg is bad Im so damn excited about this car...I was between the MR, SE, and GSR and i liked everything in the SE and MR except the tranny so after finding a really good deal on this GSR i couldnt refuse!!! you can all rest assured there will be plenty of pics!!!!

I will definately check with the dealership and see what they would allow..a cat back would be NICE!!!!!!!!

For those of you that already own evo's, what drop in air filter would you recommend? Does the car come stock with a cone type filter or flat because when i was looking at air filters i saw some that were both cone and flat style?!?? I definately want to upgreade to a cone style filter and want a good filtration %, anything over 98% should be sufficient..Id also like to keep it under $100 for just a filter because anything more is ridiculous lol!!

I am also planning on getting winter tires within the next month and have heard from a couple sources that the bridgestone Blizzax is the way to go so I am leaning towards these...Anything better?

Is Cobb the way to go as far as tuning? I want something user friendly and easy to remove but also performance minded and worth the money!!! If im spending $500 on a Cobb it better give me at least 10-15whp...

For all of you waiting to get one I wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fan base for these cars is amazing and everyone i have talked to thusfar has been extremely helpful!!!!!!!! I feel privilaged to be a part of the evo community!!!!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by EVO X 6950
So you have a problem attending this
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...y-nov-6th.html

As long as i dont have to work I will definately come!!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Enjoy the GSR...I love mine.. I was in Hawaii for my Honeymoon recently and drove one of the new Mustangs (convertible)..all I gotta say is your making a excellent switch! mustang is like driving a MAC truck ughh. haha
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
Enjoy the GSR...I love mine.. I was in Hawaii for my Honeymoon recently and drove one of the new Mustangs (convertible)..all I gotta say is your making a excellent switch! mustang is like driving a MAC truck ughh. haha

nice man!! Thats what i like to hear!!!!! Can you tell me what a UICP/LICP is?? Sorry if this is a stupid question but i have never seen this abbreviation...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by #1 cbr
nice man!! Thats what i like to hear!!!!! Can you tell me what a UICP/LICP is?? Sorry if this is a stupid question but i have never seen this abbreviation...
Upper intercooler piping/lower intercooler piping. Also, if you're going to run a filter, maybe try Perrins foam filter. I have it. Sounds good too. Good luck with the car tho, have fun!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by #1 cbr
They are a good investment after exhaust and intake.

Quick Reply: Picking up 2010 EVO on SAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MODS??