Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR at AutoX? Some questions... :)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2011, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by justin81
Just my opinion but I would run off/off in SST mode and left foot brake. That's the beauty of the SST is you can left foot brake an it will stay in redline the whole time.
What does turning off the help for the AYC (which is what happens when you go from plain-off to off-off) have to do with left-foot braking? Isn't one of the best wheels to apply the brakes to at corner-entry the inside rear? Why would you turn off something that only applies the brakes to the inside rear, especially after you have turned off something that applies the brakes to inside front?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anytime you start to slip the car will apply the bakes and you will start to loose speed. Oversteer is your friend a lot of the times and you want to be able to rotate the car as much as possible when needed. The best way to do this is in off/off. You can then use left foot braking and throttle steering to manage the oversteer.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Let me see if I have this straight. I want ASC in off/off so that the car doesn't apply the brakes to the inside rear wheel because brakes slow you down, but I do want to left-foot brake and, therefore, apply the brakes to all four wheels, including the outside front, partly because oversteer is good ... is that about right? If so, then that's fascinating.