Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

SSP Undertray

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSP Undertray

SSP has done it again, they have made an undertray for the Evo 10, ALL factory holes and oem bolt locations! There is NO cutting.....NO drilling.....and NO modifying!!

Its ALUMINUM so i bet its light, tho there is no weight comparison on there website.

http://www.sspperformance.com/produc...num-undertray/

The price $375.00+shipping+and tax

Now the question is does anyone had this installed? would love a before and after pic, and do you guys think this is a good investment?

thanks guys
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Scheides has one.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

I would like to hear some feedback on this part too... I've toyed around with the idea of picking one up.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 06:58 AM

I PM'd Scheides to this thread so he can give us some input. :-D
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:21 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Yo! Did I come fast enough?

I installed mine last week and I love it so far! Here's some pics/comments (cut/paste from MitsuStyle.com):

Originally Posted by scheides
Ok snow tires are still sitting at the ready...in the meantime I ordered the aluminum undertray from SSP in South Dakota...man this thing fits REALLY nice. My front bumper was flimsy and kickable, it is missing chunks out of it (see thread title! *edit* I call my car beaterX) and I just realized that I might be missing the lower wheel liner on the driver's side. In fact I'm sure of it, just never thought about it!

Install took about an hour, including jacking and lowering the car and *sniff* firing up the torpedo heater for the first time this season.

Every hole lined up perfectly. You can see the access panels for the oil drain and filter.

Lots of unused mounting points along the sides, probably hs something to do with the missing wheel liner piece I guess :P Still fits awesome. My bumper cover is much more sturdy, this will be VERY helpful once the snow flies

So yea, I like it a lot! I'd love to do DZUS quarter-turn fasteners on this thing but I'm not sure quite what size to get and not in the budget right now. The tabs/bolts that come with it are decent enough that is for sure. The design is different than the beatrush undertray I had on my evo8 but the design is a bit more simple, which I like.

Cruising on freeway is quieter.

I bought it through MAP and they gave me a killer deal, I recommend you do the same
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my question is, when changing oil does it drain perfectly through the hole? for some reason i have a feeling its gonna run at some weird angle and end up all over the top side of the panel
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:46 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by total0wnage
my question is, when changing oil does it drain perfectly through the hole? for some reason i have a feeling its gonna run at some weird angle and end up all over the top side of the panel

When you change your oil, does the oil fall perfectly vertically out of the fill hole? Nope. first off the car is usually tilted back a bit as the front of the car is in the air...and the oil flows out and back due to the velocity it comes out at. I haven't done an oil change yet, but I'll let you know
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:11 AM

thanks for replying so fast!

Im guessing this takes a min to take off, unlike the stock cover that takes a day!lol jk

looking like im getting one soon!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:42 AM
b3n
Evolving Member

I might have to pick one of these up. My undertray got thoroughly thrashed last winter so I pulled most of it off and this looks like a nice solution to replace the plastic OEM crap.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:52 AM

I really want one of these before winter (when I bought my car it didn't come with a undertray). Is there a jacking point on the undertray or do you have to jack the car up from the side?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:41 AM
EvoM Moderator

No jacking point, there's a huge sheet of aluminum covering everything

I always use the side anyways.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:14 PM

i love it, got to have one!!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very nice piece
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

just got mine in today, can't wait to put it on, on sunday. any tips?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:49 AM
EvoM Moderator

Just kinda stand it up in front of the car but don't let it fall onto the car...get all of the clips in place and unbolt the crossmember where it mounts in the rear (3x 12mm or 14mm bolts, can't remember which sorry). Set a pile of bolts on either side of you and lay on your back, knees propped up. Imagine for a moment holding this thing in the air in front of you and pick 3or 4 easy-to-reach mounting points. Now wiggle out a bit, grab the tray, don't scratch your paint, and use your hands, knees, and feet to hold the thing inthe air (imagine doing the crab walk but upside down). The thing is really not that heavy butit can become a burden if you don't get those mounts in reasonably quickly. Just line up a few mount points...one or two on your right, one or two on your left. And at least one of the rear bolts...just thread in with your fingers just enough to support the thing and don't worry about getting the crossmember on right away.

Once you have enough on that it's not gonna bend/fall, let your arms flop down and rest for a sec. Now go back through and screw the rest in part way and once you have all in place THEN go back and tighten them all. Not too tight, just snug.

Quick Reply: SSP Undertray