Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Exhaust suggestions for my Evo x MR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am considering the ETS V2 quiet as well, in videos it sounds slightly deeper and louder than stock but still maintains that factory rumble. I would be concerned if there is highway drone as some have alluded to above.

If price is a concern, the Magnaflow is definitely much cheaper and looks to be of good quality.

Somedays I feel like choosing the perfect exhaust is a harder task than say picking an engagement or wedding ring might be...
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TheRedBaron
Somedays I feel like choosing the perfect exhaust is a harder task than say picking an engagement or wedding ring might be...
Why does the above make me wonder what kind of exhaust Kim Kardashian has on her car, given that she spent more time planning her wedding than choosing a husband. From what I've seen of her, my guess is that she'd get the exhaust with the largest possible muffler, given the muffler's location. But I digress...
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by TheRedBaron
I am considering the ETS V2 quiet as well, in videos it sounds slightly deeper and louder than stock but still maintains that factory rumble. I would be concerned if there is highway drone as some have alluded to above.

If price is a concern, the Magnaflow is definitely much cheaper and looks to be of good quality.

No Drone on the V2 Quiet. I'm in LA and I love mine... check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXLroe2eEFU
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have the ETS intake? Sounds great!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love my Ultimate racing single. loved it so much went out and got the wifey's gencoupe a dual catback.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Right now we have 10% off on exhaust systems if you use our website My vote would be for the ETS Quiet based on your post.

http://www.extremeturbosystems.com

Thanks!

Michael
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by odb
i'm in the same boat and leaning towards ets v2 quiet. Seems more serious than stock without sounding obnoxious.
+1

ets ftw!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why hasn't the T1R named-for-some-bird exhaust come up yet?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 05:06 PM
T6
Evolving Member

ETS v2 quite or cobb is your best bet. Cobb one is really really quite and perfect for DD. I have v2 regular and i love the tone for it and the difference between that and cobb is huge haha.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

I have a Fujitsubo Legalis R and I love it.
Sounds great, as quite as stock at idle and MEAN as hell at WOT. Everything up to 4k is very civil. Once you open it up the sound changes.

No drone whatsoever. As quite as stock inside cabin, especially with MR's sound insulation. It took me a long time to choose an exhaust that is just right when it comes to sound. I hated the sound and look of stock exhaust.

When we installed it, all we did was bolt it up and tighten the bolts. Exhaust did not need any adjusting, it fit perfectly the first time. It is very well built.

Old Nov 21, 2011, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like my Cobb exhaust. The Japanese brands neck down where they meet the cat.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:25 AM

i have the regular ets V2 exhaust and love the sound. i bet the V2 quiet sounds good as well.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:56 AM

I have recently gone through the process of picking an exhaust for my x and after many hours of researching I decided on the cobb. Too bad they're backordered for 2-3 months. I didn't want to wait that long so I kept looking. You mgiht be able to find a shop that has one in stock somewhere, though. I decided on an mxp. The ets was my second choice, but I decided not to worry too much about being loud and ended up getting a test pipe instead of a high flow cat.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Can you post a video of the mxp?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:16 PM

iv been driving my car with greddy se dual tip exhaust and im certainly satisfied with it. its quiet and low tone... the main reason i got it is to not attract them piggies. only drawback to it is that the exhaust tips are blue so it does kinda catch the eyes.

Quick Reply: Exhaust suggestions for my Evo x MR