Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Best BoV for Evo X?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha. I think the Evo itself impresses everyone without the need of a BoV XD. It's just that I think it's a cool little feature we can take advantage of.
Also, does the BoV need to VTA or RECIRC is just fine and like said above, just the Intake & K&N
Old Dec 3, 2011, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KiDMaTiX
Haha. I think the Evo itself impresses everyone without the need of a BoV XD. It's just that I think it's a cool little feature we can take advantage of.
Also, does the BoV need to VTA or RECIRC is just fine and like said above, just the Intake & K&N
It all depends, al that you are doing it just recirculating the excess air from the turbo back into the intake. Either way the car is going to be getting that air. I normally go with the statement of "There have been millions of dollars of Japanese Engineering thrown at the Evo from it's first iteration, it was designed the way it is for a reason" so that being IMHO I would like to keep my mods as close to original designs possible. It was designed to recirculate so then those little japanese engineers wanted it that way for a reason but, in this case it's really all just preference.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 05:02 AM
Former Sponsor

I like the HKS sounds
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Hks ssqv ftw
Old Dec 5, 2011, 01:00 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Greddy type RS has the best sound for me. Any car with a turbo has a BOV and a lot of ricers have the loudest ones so I went with COBB, its stock like. Not loud but louder than stock, does the job perfect as well.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 01:06 PM

i got ets short ram with jdm evo9 bov since i had it sitting around.pretty much same as stock evo x bov..but short ram open element intake will give you the noise guaranteed and its still recirculating ..i put a forge bov just for kicks.held boost better up top wot but half throttle flutters..so i put on jdm9 bov..gd luck
Old Dec 5, 2011, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
it is basically boos related question. under 23-24 psi stay stock.
if you need a sound , then get a short ram air filter.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Isn't the sound of our cars part of it all though? Or do we want our cars to be Prius quiet?

To me, driving is part physical feedback and part theater. The steering, brakes, throttle response, exhaust note, BOV if applicable, all contribute to the visceral fun of driving a performance vehicle. Let the guy enjoy his BOV if he wants to... =]
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:20 PM

im also a new member and just picked up my x mr on Friday i have the opportunity to get the hks sqv but whats the best intake for the x. Ive looked at the cobb, hks, aem, k&n what do you guys reccomend im not worried about price I just want performance
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

I run the AMS LICP with Tial QR (recirc)
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

I have the X ETS intake on the way and will be able to contribute soon. I doubt my comments will be any different than already posted though. It will probably say after the install of the ETS intake my turbo and BOV sound awesome! lol.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

do not go with or modify or get a vta bov... you *will* ruin your evo.

the induction system is built for a bypass recirculstion system.

if you run a vta bov, you are sending An unmeasured, unaccounted quantity of air out of the induction system [since the maf is BEFORE thr bypass valve; it is imperative that the air being re-entered is metered] and thusly, your maf readings will be incorrect, which will in-turn throw off your afr, and in the end, make your car run like rubbish with the possibility of engine damage occuring
Old Dec 7, 2011, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got COBB XLE (100% recalculation) it works just like the OEM. I will try to run it in a hybrid mode tomorrow. Anybody have any experience with this valve? Will this alter my dyno tune?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotkupa
I just got COBB XLE (100% recalculation) it works just like the OEM. I will try to run it in a hybrid mode tomorrow. Anybody have any experience with this valve? Will this alter my dyno tune?
it will most likely alter your evos performance whilst trying to run on its tune, since youre partial vta
Old Dec 7, 2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Evolution Z
do not go with or modify or get a vta bov... you *will* ruin your evo.

the induction system is built for a bypass recirculstion system.

if you run a vta bov, you are sending An unmeasured, unaccounted quantity of air out of the induction system [since the maf is BEFORE thr bypass valve; it is imperative that the air being re-entered is metered] and thusly, your maf readings will be incorrect, which will in-turn throw off your afr, and in the end, make your car run like rubbish with the possibility of engine damage occuring
Do you have any proof of this? I've seen many many owners run VTA with very little, if any side effects let alone engine damage. I'm also pretty sure you can be tuned for VTA as well. I do understand the MAF issue btw.

In the end I think you're better off running recirculation however.

Last edited by anEVOx; Dec 7, 2011 at 09:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Best BoV for Evo X?