Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Best BoV for Evo X?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kartyman550
according to this thread you can run a VTA BOV with out a problem because the evo x has a MAP sensor. Is this true?
You will be dumping metered air out which isn't really good for the car and that is not what is up for debate.

I see a lot of conflicting arguments about whether people have driveability issues running an aftermarket valve in either full VTA or a 50/50 setup. Some seem to be fine and some have issues. If the sound is really worth it to you at the expense of a perfectly running engine then give it a try. It is easy to swap back if it doesn't work out for you.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WinkleDinkle
You will be dumping metered air out which isn't really good for the car and that is not what is up for debate.

I see a lot of conflicting arguments about whether people have driveability issues running an aftermarket valve in either full VTA or a 50/50 setup. Some seem to be fine and some have issues. If the sound is really worth it to you at the expense of a perfectly running engine then give it a try. It is easy to swap back if it doesn't work out for you.
So its a matter of drivability not engine=boom? Because you say some are fine and some not, If this causes rich conditions then it shouldn't work for 'some' cars.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 03:58 PM

So its a matter of drivability not engine=boom? Because you say some are fine and some not, If this causes rich conditions then it shouldn't work for 'some' cars.
Why would you do this to a three year old car? I wouldn't be surprised seeing this question asked 50 times a day on a DSM forum, but an Evo forum?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can the stock one handle up to 330 awhp?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FoxFister
Why would you do this to a three year old car? I wouldn't be surprised seeing this question asked 50 times a day on a DSM forum, but an Evo forum?
Why are you talking in riddles. What does a three year old car have to do with anything.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 06:19 PM

Why are you talking in riddles. What does a three year old car have to do with anything.
I'm simply saying, these cars do not adapt well with a VTA valve. This was and still is a huge epidemic in the turbo world. People want a louder PSSSHHHH so they can impress all their friends at the mad tyte JDM car meets.

Last edited by FoxFister; Feb 7, 2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

oh ok.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 09:06 AM

I don't see how it could cause an engine failure on a stock or near stock car. It will cause a momentary rich condition but rich is always better than lean. If you get one of the adjustable bovs then the more you bias towards recirc the less rich it should be. Just theorizing here no personal experience.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WinkleDinkle
I don't see how it could cause an engine failure on a stock or near stock car. It will cause a momentary rich condition but rich is always better than lean. If you get one of the adjustable bovs then the more you bias towards recirc the less rich it should be. Just theorizing here no personal experience.
I don't see any reason why someone would not recirc their BOV. Unless they want to be like a ricer for the sound.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by ChUt26
I don't see any reason why someone would not recirc their BOV. Unless they want to be like a ricer for the sound.
THIS.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

I have seen multiple threads on evoxforums about people running VTA totally fine and a lot more about problems. Since I don't have any problems with a rich idle or other problems which I attribute to my panel filter which leans out 0.5-0.7 AFR plus the stock 2011 tune is a lot leaner then the 2008-2009. I will however not throw away all your suggestions and will re-calibrate the spring and set it close to recirc. Its currently on full VTA.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by ChUt26
Of course they do it for the sound. I understand why people want to do it, I mean it sounds cool. People just need to realize they are doing it at the expense of their car running perfectly.

There is a lot of conflicting information on the subject though. Some people claim no issues at all and others claim it was a disaster after installing one.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, i like loud and 50/50. I enjoying hear the bov loud so curious on if the Go Fast Bits TMS Respons Blow Off Valve Kit would be a good fit for the 2014 Evo.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like my synapse BOV louder than stocker but similer sound, supposedly the fastest opening BOV on the market too.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

I have the AEM CAI box and a Synapse diverter valve. It holds the boost better than the stock BOV and is super fast. It is slightly louder than the stock one too.

Quick Reply: Best BoV for Evo X?