Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Should i trade my 135i for a evo x

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
absolutely
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

i know im going to sound like a jerk but all you need is a 6262 bb turbo kit to be at 500 whp?! What about a clutch, what about an exhaust, what about injectors and a computer and tuning bla bla bla, the list is endless... your only 6262 kit just turned into $10-15k....

i always love these threads, the Should i trade and buy an evo...

you are the only one that can answer that, you know if your upside down or not, you know your payment range, no one here can tell you how they ride differently, the power difference, the in your pants feeling you get when you drive both etc.... personally, id trade for a 335I that you can buy the warranty packages on! they look much better than the evo, much nicer as a package but it depends on what you really want.

always love the evo, but i am going rwd next... i need a better challenge for a true drivers car.

my options will be a lotus exige / acura nsx maybe even a rx7 but my true hopes are for a nsx

again, not sounding like an a$$ but its just not a question that anyone can answer other than yourself.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Like I said on the e90post, We are able to put down a lot of power with turbo kit on stock block. If your looking for 500-600 that's not a problem. Mid 500's on pump gas is attainable with a 35R or 6262 pretty easily. It's also very street able with a .63 a/r turbine housing. I personally own an e90 and we have an Evo X as a shop car. The aftermarket support for the Evo X is far greater, but the e90 is about to take a huge jump with all the new single kits getting ready to hit market.

Michael
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

I dont get why people go onto a forum specified for a single type of car... The answers will be completely biased seeing as everyone owns an Evo (and some lancers)... It's like going to a forum for Catholics and asking if you should be a Catholic (Just an example... Not religious preference here)...

In the end it's up to you. Test drive them, do your research, and see which fits you better. But just to answer your question...yes.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 05:50 PM

I sold my Z4 M Coupe and bought the X last year.
Very different cars but the my11 MR having full leather, good sound system, sat nav, bluetooth ect it really wasnt a step down in luxury. The only thing the bmw had was leather door cards which were really nice and I wish the evo had them instead of plastic but no big deal.
The Evo is faster and handles better, whilst being more comfortable. Win win.

135i can be very quick with just a tune and bolt ons. Stock it def doesnt feel like a sports car, way too soft and lazy. Havnt had a chance to drive one with suspension mods yet. I know on bmw cruises the modded 135is go hard and they look great with carbon parts.

In the end I dont think you would miss anything or regret the choice to change over, both are great cars.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Minot Syndicate
I dont get why people go onto a forum specified for a single type of car... The answers will be completely biased seeing as everyone owns an Evo (and some lancers)... It's like going to a forum for Catholics and asking if you should be a Catholic (Just an example... Not religious preference here)...

In the end it's up to you. Test drive them, do your research, and see which fits you better. But just to answer your question...yes.

Lots and lots of this...

These are multi-thousand dollar decisions. You really should NOT care WTF "we" think about it. 100M people could say "do XYZ", but if YOU do not like XYZ, who cares? It wont be right for YOU and thats what matters.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:54 PM

evo x is not light. comparing a ix to a x is like apples vs. oranges.

you already know you want a x, you just want people to confirm your decision.
quit being a poser. you want a fast performance car and prestige image, get an exotic.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Fast performance car + Prestige Image = exotic -_-... You can spend a fraction of the cost that an "exotic"costs and build an evo to be to faster. He's not being a poser either. He just wants the reinforcement which he will get here.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:21 AM

Fast performance car + Prestige Image = exotic -_-... You can spend a fraction of the cost that an "exotic"costs and build an evo to be to faster. He's not being a poser either. He just wants the reinforcement which he will get here.
He thinks an Evo is a downgrade from a Bmw 1 series when he really cares most about is performance. A 135 is an entry level Bmw albeit it being the most expensive 1 series trim. A 1 series level of luxury is no more than a Evo X MR Touring. The MSRP is also in the same price point. He's a marketer's dream.

I can build a Civic to be faster than an Evo for fraction of the cost as well. Any popular supported tuner car can be built to extreme levels. Your point reasserts my point prior that he cares about the image, and that's being a poser.

Last edited by jdm sam; Dec 12, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

I dont think of it as being a poser. A car says a lot about a persons personality. I just see it as an extension of their personality (and their ego )... But i agree with everything your saying.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Or be a Catholic and own an EVO!!!

He is right. We love our EVOs, I love my MR and it still has me smiling every day. Test drive friends, and you will fall in love. plus the maintenance costs will be lower than a BMWs. and we have four doors. And easy to upgrade. and you might just love it, but you have to make that decision for yourself.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:52 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I've had a 135i and an Evo X. They are totally different animals. The Evo is a much better handling car and is more sorted to track use. The 135i is a much better daily driver due to comfort, powerband, and quietness. It depends on what you really want.

As far as acceleration in a straight line only with tuning, the 135i will be faster on stock turbos (N54) than an Evo X on stock turbo. I have no idea on an N55, after my time.

Turbo and injector upgrades are much more plentiful and easy on an Evo, so to me, it has higher mod potential by a lot. I don't really miss my 135i most days, but a 1M coupe with a real limited slip and not that electronic brake biasing crap would be a very acceptable replacement to my car (to me).

Good luck whatever you choose. Don't listen too much to people on the internet. Get what is right for you and your family.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:58 AM

do it
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

You're going to regret getting out of a 135i's interior to the Evo... Only the MR Touring feels better put together than the GSR and the leather and extra interior pieces make up for it not looking like a Lancer ES...

I can't stand driving my GSR with no music... I still don't regret getting the Evo... just regret the fact that it's a 36k car and my wife's 22k fully-loaded 2011 Eclipse GS Sport's interior was better put together than my car... now imagine what it'd be stepping down from a 135i...

Don't get me wrong, the layout of my Evo looks thousand times better than my friend's M3 (IMO) maybe cuz I just don't like Bimmer's interiors at all... but the quietness is and rattle-free environment just can't be compared

But I reiterate, I wouldn't trade My Evo for a 135i... the interior alone wouldn't justify the feeling of owning an Evo

Hope u make the right decision!

Or get both :P
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jazket
You're going to regret getting out of a 135i's interior to the Evo... Only the MR Touring feels better put together than the GSR and the leather and extra interior pieces make up for it not looking like a Lancer ES...

I can't stand driving my GSR with no music... I still don't regret getting the Evo... just regret the fact that it's a 36k car and my wife's 22k fully-loaded 2011 Eclipse GS Sport's interior was better put together than my car... now imagine what it'd be stepping down from a 135i...

Don't get me wrong, the layout of my Evo looks thousand times better than my friend's M3 (IMO) maybe cuz I just don't like Bimmer's interiors at all... but the quietness is and rattle-free environment just can't be compared

But I reiterate, I wouldn't trade My Evo for a 135i... the interior alone wouldn't justify the feeling of owning an Evo

Hope u make the right decision!

Or get both :P
You can buy a GSR with leather and sound deadening too.

Quick Reply: Should i trade my 135i for a evo x