Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

anyone else leaking brake fluid?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone else leaking brake fluid?

Hello,

while doing an oil change the other day, I noticed that my '10 MR has been leaking brake fluid. I did not remove the lower tray to see where the leak was coming from, but from what I was able to see, it's not leaking from the master cylinder area. Also, the bottom of the transmission and engine area is bone dry. I was able to inspect those areas through the little holes on the tray, as well as from the removable access panel. I see a little brake fluid dripping from the tray, which along with the brake warning light and low fluid level indicated this is not imaginary. I'm dreading to take the car to the local dealership, but i guess I don't have any choice at this point, since i don't want to tackle a job covered under warranty. Has anyone else experienced this same issue with their car? Searching the forum, there are quite a few threads about brake warning light coming on, and everyone seems to think that it's simply due to the brake pads wearing thin and the consequent drop in fluid level in the reservoir (just like I did at first), but has anyone actually confirmed that they had no brake fluid leaking anywhere? With the engine tray in place, it may take a while before actually seeing traces of brake fluid on the ground...

Also, any recommendations on what dealership I should be taking my car in? Around my area, the only dealership for miles is Capitol Mitsubishi. Is their service dept. any good?

Thank you.

Last edited by acm_evo; Dec 13, 2011 at 09:14 AM.