Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ams stages????

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2011, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
personally i'm not a big fan of package deals. i've always gone a-la-carte for all my cars in the past, including the current evo. admittedly though in the past my cars weren't as complicated as the evo, but i did find there are certain advantages when mixing parts, especially when it's known certain parts performed better through real world tests and such. i can't say if that's the same case for the evo...but if you get the same branded parts, you'd at least enjoy better support.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by endGameXIII
personally i'm not a big fan of package deals. i've always gone a-la-carte for all my cars in the past, including the current evo. admittedly though in the past my cars weren't as complicated as the evo, but i did find there are certain advantages when mixing parts, especially when it's known certain parts performed better through real world tests and such. i can't say if that's the same case for the evo...but if you get the same branded parts, you'd at least enjoy better support.
what kind of setup if anything do you have?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by fearless857
Cool Ill be in touch with you as i will purchasing soon however, im just curious on my 08 evo x gsr my intake system does not look like your pictures.. my BOV is in not near the front its in rear toward the turbo... is the image you guys have for your intake system not just an image or is that the one for mine?? if you can share any info on that id appreciate it thanks.

also what if i want the stage 2 kit but already the intercooler... can we deduct that out so i save some money but still take advantage of the package?
What intake do you have? The ETS kit relocates the BOV to the front, stock is towards the rear, I'm not sure of the other brands.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by bobby0283
What intake do you have? The ETS kit relocates the BOV to the front, stock is towards the rear, I'm not sure of the other brands.

well when i bought it from the dealer it came with an aftermarket intake and i have no clue what brand it is as it has no labels. however, the BOV is still in the rear....