Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ETS parts installed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fig Nasty
I ordered the ets intake, upper and lower IC piping a couple days ago and can't wait for the parts to get here to install them! After learning about the sale ets had and reading all the amazing reviews about their products I couldn't pass on the opportunity. Just a quick question though, I don't need to tune the ride once the parts are installed though right? Will I be good on the stock without messing anything up? Sorry, I'm still a noob and slowly trying to learn the ropes. Thanks in advance!
This is the one thing I say after anyone installed an intake cause I have read about this on multiple occasion. Buy the Cobb AP and run their stage one tune, by installing the intake you will cause the car ro run richer, not leaner, richer. Installing anything that affects the way a cars breaths requires a tune. Yes you can just throw it on but I assure you, you will run into problems down the road. Do it right or don't do it at all.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I already had a tune when it was stock to lean it out. So "if" it runs richer for a few weeks until I can get it tuned, I prefer that over running too lean. I am sure more air is going through the motor now after adding a TBE and Intake.

As for Cobb AP....I'll stick with ECU Flash.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Good choice on sticking with ecu flash.

The one recommendation I'd make is to get an ebcs instead of your hallman bc.

Also, I'm not certain, but I think you can get away with tuning the car now without the intercooler. You are a little ahead of me with power bolt ons (I plan to order the 4" ETS IC with piping) but otherwise have similar mods. I am tuned now and didn't plan on getting a new tune after adding those parts. Perhaps the tuner can run slightly higher boost with the bigger IC; that may be a better question for the tuner.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Good to to hear the install went smooth. How do you enjoy the nice sound the intake and BOV make now
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:45 AM
Former Sponsor

looking nice. One comment was right on point. Those mods will have you sitting right around 350/350 on pump. I wouldnt trade a MBC for a ebcs on a evoX unless i was wanting to run the dual map switch option for a pump/race map. This is why we use ETS on almost every install here the fitment is better than OEM and never gives us a problem and always great restuls. Slap on a new MAP EF series turbo or a T3 kit and let the fun begin
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:28 AM

I love the way it sounds, I haven't really even stepped on it yet. But it sounds GREAT. Even after reading other posts where everyone said how great it sounds, I was still shocked when I first heard that WOOOOOOSH!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Get Rad
This is the one thing I say after anyone installed an intake cause I have read about this on multiple occasion. Buy the Cobb AP and run their stage one tune, by installing the intake you will cause the car ro run richer, not leaner, richer. Installing anything that affects the way a cars breaths requires a tune. Yes you can just throw it on but I assure you, you will run into problems down the road. Do it right or don't do it at all.
Thanks for the advice Rad, I'll look into it asap . I was just worried because I know that by tuning the car it usually screws up the warranty and if I do run into problems down the road I want to make sure I'm all good.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Can't wait to get my evo and then call up ETS!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 06:25 PM

Looks good!! Can't go wrong with ets
Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:06 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fig Nasty
I ordered the ets intake, upper and lower IC piping a couple days ago.. Just a quick question though, I don't need to tune the ride once the parts are installed though right?
Originally Posted by ETS Michael
You can run all our bolt on parts with stock tune. A tune is recommend for optimal performance. But... you can put the parts and go for a while with no problems or check engine lights.

Michael
^^ Please note, that this only applies to ETS parts.. and not necessarily someone else's.

..by installing the intake you will cause the car ro run richer, not leaner, richer. Installing anything that affects the way a cars breaths requires a tune.
The ETS intake utilizes the stock MAF housing, so no scaling on the ECU is required. Getting a tune is still a good idea, but I trust that Michael knows more about his parts than we do.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:49 PM

Just got my ETS parts installed as well.. really makes the turbo spool come alive!!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DANNY08GSR
I spent the my day saturday putting on all my ETS parts that I ordered for myself as a Xmas gift. I got the intake, upper and lower IC piping and 4" front mount (back ordered untill mid january) as well as the recirc downpipe and test pipe.

Install went smooth and fitment could not be nicer. Fits like OEM if not better. I was worried about all the horror stories about removing the turbo oultet and what a PITA it was to get to the nut on the stud, so thats where I started. I did remove the strut brace and WG actuator, but after that all I need was the box end of a 14mm craftman wrench, THATS IT. Maybe I was lucky, but I was in good spirits when it came right off.

Here is a photo of the end results, I love the brushed stainless look.

Big thanks to ETS for exceptional products and stellar customer service!
looks good man. Ets rocks

Originally Posted by GO ON 3
ETS is one of the best for customer service and quality products in my books!!!
Congrats man have fun with it!!
YEAHTHAT
Old Jan 5, 2012, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

looks great ! ets is always good stuff
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

My ETS intake is ordered and should be shipping out tomorrow Can someone explain the logic as to why it would run richer? I would think with more air flow it would lean it out a little. It's probably going to be about a month before I get my tune.

Also, does anyone have a video of the ETS intake with a quiet exhaust? I've searched around but all the videos I've seen include the ETS exhaust and I can't really hear the intake. Very curious what it's going to sound like on an otherwise stock car.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:22 PM

I have to ETS v2 exhaust and I love it!!!

Quick Reply: ETS parts installed