Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ETS Intake install problem

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS Intake install problem

Got my ETS intake from Jordan @ Defined Performance, super fast shipping and great price!

The install is a bit difficult, but everything went in as expected. After the install, I notice the hardpipe is rubbing against the red plastic positive terminal cover. I tried to readjust all the coupling but it is still rub against the plastic. I had to ghetto fix by putting some extra thick foam tape over the area that touches.

Anyone had this issue when they install the ETS intake?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you trim the blow off hose a little so its straight and that should give you more room to clear the terminal cover.

Looks good though.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^what he said. Looks like the hose is pressing the hard pipe into that terminal.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 09:50 PM

The hardpipe is rigid and the whole assembly is hold in place with the heat shield, so by trimming the flexible BOV hose will not do anything.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 05:29 AM

Mine is DAMN close to hitting it, but it doesn't. Try twisting it a little. Make sure the BOV tube is coming straight out to ensure it is aligned properly.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 08:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by DANNY08GSR
Mine is DAMN close to hitting it, but it doesn't. Try twisting it a little. Make sure the BOV tube is coming straight out to ensure it is aligned properly.
This is correct. You can twist it a bit in the coupler. It's close, but it shouldn't touch. You should be able to loosen up the coupler and twist the pipe to the correct location and while holding the pipe tighten the coupler back down. Then bolt the heat shield down and hold the pipe into place. we use a mandrel bend on the intake so we don't restrict flow with any cut and welds or reductions for maximum performance.

Any other questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Michael
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
This is correct. You can twist it a bit in the coupler. It's close, but it shouldn't touch. You should be able to loosen up the coupler and twist the pipe to the correct location and while holding the pipe tighten the coupler back down.
Yep. Initially mine was touching but I perfected the fitment in the coupler and now it's still very close but not touching. Loving the intake. Going to get my first tune right after work today!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Alkor
Yep. Initially mine was touching but I perfected the fitment in the coupler and now it's still very close but not touching. Loving the intake. Going to get my first tune right after work today!
Did you push the coupler that connects to the turbo all the way in? and is your heat shield mounting tap bend upward at the connection point to chassis (not the one connect to the back of the intake)?

With a proper install, the rubber hose to BOV should be straight? And from the different install pictures i have seen, some people are further away from terminal cap while other are close to it. Should the coupler fit over the point that touches the terminal cap?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by ericjai113
Did you push the coupler that connects to the turbo all the way in? and is your heat shield mounting tap bend upward at the connection point to chassis (not the one connect to the back of the intake)?

With a proper install, the rubber hose to BOV should be straight? And from the different install pictures i have seen, some people are further away from terminal cap while other are close to it. Should the coupler fit over the point that touches the terminal cap?
I tried to push the main coupler as far as it would go and as straight/even as possible on the turbo inlet. My BOV hose is bent slightly upward/skyward coming from the intake pipe. The MAF housing coupler is the closest thing to the terminal cap on mine. I'd say the coupler itself is about 2-3 mm from the red plastic.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 05:20 PM

Mine is very close too. I just installed it a week ago and havent had time to play with it to get it further way.